[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>almost sold out >over twice the goal in 24 hours Get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: Dan Case A4-SFX.jpg (192 KB, 1800x600) Image search: [Google]
Dan Case A4-SFX.jpg
192 KB, 1800x600
>almost sold out
>over twice the goal in 24 hours

Get em while they're hot bois, probably wont see this sexy little beast available for sale outside ebay (For 500 bucks min) for another 2-3 years, if at all.
>>
>230 eurodas
Nah fuck that
>>
>>54820549
Don't be barking up the wrong tree now. This is a price/performance board, not a size/performance board.
>>
>>54820549
>2-3 years
Except since he's sold his minimum of 1000, and will sell out of them, it should be getting retail availability within a year or so.
>>
>warm air always flows from bottom to top
>'Hey! Let's ignore that and still charge $230!'
>>
>>54821062
Then put a fan in the top you faggot
>>
File: 1453011058713.jpg (68 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
1453011058713.jpg
68 KB, 800x526
>>54821062
>warm air always flows from bottom to top
>>
>>54821043
Yeah that's what he said. I don't believe it though. It took him five fucking years to get the kick starter going.
>>
>>54821090

how do you think hot air balloons work dummy
>>
But if it's really that popular, won't a bigger company adapt the size?

It looks like something Streacom could make with relative ease.
>>
>>54821244
Convectional currents are overpowered by electrically powered fans in a PC case, by an overwhelming amount of power.
Hot air balloons are an overly simplified explanation of what happens in a PC case.
>>
>>54821062
Isn't that why there's a gorillion holes in the top panel?
>>
>>54820549
what the fuck is it.

Sometimes I feel like I'm always missing out on shit. No explanation, no links, just a picture.
>>
>>54821360
https://www.dan-cases.com/dana4.php
>>
>>54821360
>broadcasting how much of a newfag you are
>>
File: X-QPACK-NW-BK-1_500.jpg (34 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
X-QPACK-NW-BK-1_500.jpg
34 KB, 500x398
>>54821401
thanks anon
>>54821408
>browsing 4chan all day every day like a faggot
Literally nothing says what the fuck this thing was in this thread. Is it a prebuilt? Concept? A mod?

It's a tiny case. That's neat. I really wanted something like this a couple years ago. I built a tiny little PC. I ended up with pic related. It's 9x11x14 while this one is 4 whole inches thinner. That's impressive.

The case I got was pretty damn easy to work in as well. I was genuinely surprised how easy it was and was worried I would be trying to squeeze my fingers to get that shit together.

Are there any videos of assembly for this new case? my shit's not mini-itx but has a full sized GPU in there. I wouldn't mind having one of these just so I can put something together later.

Funny though, once I entered and won a contest to win a computer case and was given this fucking massive 3ft tall, 4ft long 14 120mm case fan beast of case. I have absolutely NO fucking clue what to do with it. You can fit like 30 fucking HDDs in it.
>>
>>54821669
>Literally nothing
Look again, it's in the OP you stupid fuck.
>>
>>54820549
>a case that guarantees your system will thermal throttle

Good fucking riddance.
>>
>>54821669
before anyone loses their tits I was exaggerating. It's at least 2 feet tall and can have over a dozen drives in it though.

I can't find it online right now but when I get home I'm taking it out of the closet to check because I seriously want to do something with it. I have had it for years.
>>
>>54821711
>>almost sold out
>over twice the goal in 24 hours

Get em while they're hot bois, probably wont see this sexy little beast available for sale outside ebay (For 500 bucks min) for another 2-3 years, if at all.

So... where does it say what it is again? filename? but then again the picture has components in it and most "case only" photos don't. Then the whole mentioning of "$500" on ebay implies more than just a case.
>>
>>54821749
I don't think you know what you're talking about.

>my temps never get above 40c even at full load!
You wasted your money.

One thing the people on this forum often miss is that computer hardware doesn't mind operating at 80-85C in most cases.

Provided you get the right cooler, you'll never see temps like that in this case unless you're overclocking.

I'll admit, one thing this case is NOT designed to compensate for is overclocking. But it should have no problem keeping hardware well within operational temperatures at stock clocks.
>>
>>54821879
>on this forum

Daniel please go
>>
>>54821861
>I am such a whiny faggot I had to write this post and bitch constantly that i feel lost and confused while browsing 4chan ohhh nooooooo
>google is too fucking hard
>spoonfeeeeedmeeeeee
>>
>>54821861
>>54821711
Not to fucking mention "Dan-cases" is the name of the company and not specific to what ever the fuck is in the picture.

Be like thinking you're looking at a tiger or and egg if you saved an image from either site.
>>
>>54821923
I can't believe you're actually this retarded.

Google Dan case A4, and see what comes up, you dumb dense motherfucker.

Google the FUCKING IMAGE and see what comes up.

It's not fucking hard, it's not some obscure single frame screen shot of some indie film or some snippit of code or some autists bedroom or some other stupid shit like that.

At least TRY before you complain endlessly that 4chan is too fucking hard for you to understand.
>>
>>54821921
>make thread, post image of vague product.
>expect everyone to know what it is.
>>
>>54821948
again retard.

Requiring people to google whatever the fuck it is you want to talk about is stupid as shit.

Literally KYS
>>
>>54821879
>>One thing the people on this forum often miss is that computer hardware doesn't mind operating at 80-85C in most cases.
Yeah for 30 minutes.
If you run your GPU at 85C for 5 hours you are killing it. Which is OK, GPUs should be changed every 3 or so years anyway.

The thing is - In this case, you have the card and the mobo back to back, something which should never happen, mobo design hasn't changed in 30 years for a reason.

What you have in that shit case is a dead space in the middle with 0 airflow. In a small case, and those are already hot as fuck.

You could call this case the Warranty Whore because there's a good chance all your shit will die at least once or twice in the warranty period.
The cheaper your shit is the more dead parts you'll have.

Typically the ram dies first because it has no fans and shitty radiators.

When your shit blows, make a thread so we can laugh at you.
>>
>>54822003
>If you run your GPU at 85C for 5 hours you are killing it.

If this were true, they'd start to throttle before 85. In crypto mining days people ran GPUs at 90-95C all day every day and I personally never had a single hardware failure doing so.
>>
>>54822043
You were lucky.
I've gone through 2 7970s.
>>
>>54821227
2.5 years.
>>
>>54822052
>I've gone through 2 7970s.

I think you were doing something wrong
>>
>>54822003
>>54822052
>this rape victim mentality

Sorry Bruh, you're wrong. The case is fine, you just have a phobia of high hardware temps. I'm sure you spent a small fortune on your set up to make sure it stays ultra cool, but let me tell you what man, shitty caps are shitty caps and they will fail regardless. Same for VRMs, or any other part.

Stop buying from shitty hardware manufacturers and focus more on the warranty support offered. this is why I always buy EVGA exclusively, because eventually the shit will break, regardless of what precautions you take. This is why I don't buy ASUS any more specifically, because yeah they make good hardware, but shit does happen, sometimes you get unlucky (As in your case) and ASUS warranty support is the worst in the industry.

Instead of researching performance benchmarks when you buy, you should be looking on the BBB and through tech forums for past user complaints.
>>
>>54822052
How? Mine is still running even after the buttcoin craze
>>
>>54821900
Dan's English isn't that good.
>>
>>54822003
lol what

80c is fine. Like, the written max-temp for nvidia gpus is somewhere around 105c. Generally, as long as you are under 90c you have nothing to worry about at all.

Right now my shit is idling at 35c for pretty much everything(gpu, cpu, ect). My case temps are literally room temp at 27c right now.

I don't know if it's just this case I bought is good at airflow or what but my 970 doesn't go past 60c even under heavy load.

I had an old ass PC that would get up to 97c on my GPU and while it made me nervous it never fried after years if abuse.
>>
>>54822109
>>54822115
It's what happens when you run a consumer card at 100% for an year with no breaks.
And I live in a summer resort.

I didn't expect them to live, so no worries there.
>>
>>54820549
>$256 for a mini-ITX case
WTF
>>
>>54822114
EVGA is the shit. I will not buy from anyone else.

I use to only by BFG for their "lifetime warranties" but the cunts closed down and stopped honoring their claims. They did produce the better of the nvidia cards though.
>>
oh hey is that the vastly overpriced meme case?
>>
too expensive. It's not like I don't have the space.
>>
>>54822208
>the
There's more than one unfortunately.
>>
What makes this better than an ncase m1?
>>
>>54822208
come on faggot try harder.

It is overpriced but the thing is fucking impressive given it's size. It's capable of full length GPU and 3x lighter, 4inches thinner than any other "small" case capable of having a full GPU.

it needs to be $100 cheaper though. That's a bit much. Maybe if it get's mass commercial release.
>>
>>54821408
ultra faggot alert
>>
>>54822278
It is smaller.
>>
I really wish I got into metal working instead of programming. I'd be a millionaire right now from selling tin boxes to retarded children.
>>
>>54822725
Right, cus there are so many millionaire metal workers.

It's almost as if it has more to deal with the ability to execute a niche idea than what the craft is.

Almost as if you should blame your lack of success on the fact you're a retarded child that has no useful skills or original ideas.
>>
>>54822725
You say that, but what you don't realize is that fixing bugs on a physical product involves shipping hundreds of packages.
>>
>>54822725
wat
>>
File: ef6.jpg (78 KB, 419x767) Image search: [Google]
ef6.jpg
78 KB, 419x767
>>54820549

Yes place those orders now goyim before they're gone!
>>
File: 1111.jpg (128 KB, 1286x750) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
128 KB, 1286x750
>>54820549
Should i upgrade now or wait for the 1080ti?
>>
File: graboidgnepp1.jpg (75 KB, 736x491) Image search: [Google]
graboidgnepp1.jpg
75 KB, 736x491
>>54822900
Not even just fixing bugs but just selling physical goods is a massive pain in the god damn ass.

I use to sell prints of my art.. When I first opening up sells I sold around ~150 11"x17" prints in the first weekend. I went to every store in my town and bought all of their envelopes, bubble wrap, plastic sheets, and foam boards they had. I don't live in a big town (less than 10k people) so there aren't any shipping stores around. Cleaned out the town.

After that I spent fucking days of non-stop printing and signing all of the paintings while learning how to use the brand new expensive ass printer I bought for this endeavor. I had to make sure there weren't any printing mistakes and the paper I printed on cost $2 a fucking sheet so any small mistakes came out of my pocket. Between printings I was cutting down the large boards, plastic, and protective bubble wrappings. Then I had to print out shipping labels and mark which printings went with the correct labels as I taped them onto the envelope.

I had to secure the prints between the boards, tape the boards together, and then wrap them with bubble wrap before shoving the boarded up prints into their correct labeled package. When finished I had massive boxes filled with packages I then had to go back and seal up tight to insure they wouldn't get tore up in shipping. Loaded them up in my tiny car and took em to the post office where I had to wait in line for fucking ever. Then the cashier cunt went and weighed EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE.

By the time I finished I checked my paypal and I had sold another 100 prints. The process continued and it wore me the fuck out.

I now only sell digital only goods through an automated re-seller like gumroad. No work for me.

Fuck physical goods.
>>
>>54820549
I almost bought one last night. Subscribed months ago and finally got the email last night.

Then I realized it's $250 for a mini ITX case and said fuck it.

I just built my first computer a year ago and I would need a new mobo/power supply. Fuck that. There will be something just as good if not better in 5 years.
>>
>Get em while they're hot bois
It's a toaster oven. They'll stay hot whenever they're turned on.
>>
This needed to be $175 at most to match what the Ncase was.

Someone is just going to make a nice looking Steamcase like design using Lian Li that uses a far cheaper PCIe riser.
>>
>>54823298
My v2 cost 230 shipped, this is 50$ more, which is about the cost of the riser.

Also, zaber.com.pl/sentry
They were inspired by the original steam box.
>>
Am I the only one that thinks this case is novel as shit?
>>
>>54823553
I mean, isn't that the point?

It's unique.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.