[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone make an updated webm version of this featuring the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: fermi.gif (2 MB, 298x225) Image search: [Google]
fermi.gif
2 MB, 298x225
Can someone make an updated webm version of this featuring the GTX 1080?
>>
>>54818723
Why? The 1080 doesn't overheat.

The issue with the 1080 is that it throttles itself at 82C. That's not even that hot for a GPU, which is why that'sthejoke.png.
>>
>>54818748
But how else can I shitpost on /g/?
>>
>>54818748

It's like they got butthurt over the nvidia housefire meme that they came out with founders edition just so that when ASUS comes out with an overclocked version that runs at 120C they can go... but muh founders edition doesn't run hot!
>>
>>54818723
Challenger version. Strap a teacher to a GTX 1080.
>>
>>54818748
>throttling
>not even hot
I can see two very obvious problems.

1) it throttles meaning the card considers itself to be overheating
2) not reaching actual hot temps by GPU standards means its gimped straight out the box to never run at full whack

I'll throw in a bonus third problem. It cannot boost or OC due to zero (or negative?) overhead so you're guaranteed to lose longevity which will be very very swift being Nvidia aka GimpKing destroying 'legacy' card performance faster than your 1080 can catch fire.
>>
>>54818748
Default setting fan without overclocking tool runs the 1080 to 85-86C after 10 minutes of gameplay.

This causes throttling and downclocks as a result.

Changing fan to 80% reduced the temperature to a manageable level, however there's noise level issues. However fan revving issues comes up.

The 1080 Fools Edition is truly a fools buy.
>>
kek bye amdpoorfags, this thread is stupid
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.