[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /G/entoomen I have a IP Camera which streams to my Synology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Hello /G/entoomen

I have a IP Camera which streams to my Synology NAS. However, if a burglar sees the camera, he will probably smash the NAS.
Where should i duplicate the recorded data to? Should i rent some server and shovel it there via SFTP?
How do you guys do it?
>>
pls respond
>>
I don't do it but if I was as paranoid as you then yes, I'd make sure the recordings were all duplicated. You could just hide the NAS though couldn't you?
>>
>>54815599
Hide it? They can just follow the wires. Im not using WLAN as its jammed easily with 20$ equipment.

I could put it in some kind of safe but hmm
>>
>>54815733
The fuck son. Have you really got anything worth stealing that much? Maybe crims are more tech-savvy than I give them credit for these days, but them buying jamming equipment seems a bit far-fetched to me.
>>
>>54815884
Yes i do. Might use wlan then and hope they won't connect the dots.

Any other ideas? Replicating to a offsite location?
>>
>>54816230
You do? Cool, what's your address?
>>
Write a script that send the video to a server that keep only the last 10 minutes.
Si if the nas goes down you'll have the important data.
You can rent some server storage for ridiculous prices online
>>
>obvious wired camera setup.
>hidden wireless backup.
>>
>>54817551
Meme 127.0.0.1
>>54817657
>>54817770
Nice, thats the input i was hoping for
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.