[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, got a question /g/ What are my options for browsers on windows?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: imgres.jpg (12 KB, 343x147) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
12 KB, 343x147
Ok, got a question /g/

What are my options for browsers on windows?

I'm getting kind of sick of chrome updating on its own, then going into a cycle of crashing till I restart my entire computer. and i haven't really looked at a web browser's sense cyberfox 22 when i switched to chrome due to anything video, be it netflix or youtube would play like shit on it.
>>
OP, I used Chrome for a long ass time because Firefox was a shit with videos.

But recently I jumped on it and it works just fine with anything. You should at least try it again.
>>
Try Opera.

It's just a way better chrome in my opinion.
>>
Honestly internet explorer has been my daily driver for years, people criticize it for not enough add ons or whatever but like dude just get a life and stop being a fucking loser who needs to be glued to his fucking internet browser.

Microsoft made windows and everybody uses that, they made internet explorer and everyone uses that. Most websites are designed for internet explorer so it has the highest compatibility, i tested and it also renders pages faster than firefag or jewgoogles chrome.

If you want to not be a faggot just use internet explorer and for fucks sake go take a shower, get a haircut and go outside for once you look like shit.
>>
>>54814823
IT JUST WORKS
>>
>>54814819
still has chrome as a backbone, i have it as a backup, but not as a main browser.

>>54814823
stopped using ie a long fuck off time ago with firefox 1.5 or 3.5, i forget which one. it was worlds better with no addons at all. i never liked how tied into the os ie was and how easy it could infect the computer, and using sites like 4chan... we got assholes who would post a link to something infected here.

that said i have no idea what its like now, i only use it when chrome fucks up and i need a webpage open quick.

>>54814770
what version of firefox should i pick up? i want to say before it went into double digits i had to pick up waterfox because at around 700mb the browser would completely lock up and become unusable and once water fox became VERY behind, i switched over to cyberfox.

is there any version in particular i should look at or will any do? like i said, its cyberfox 22, its damn near fucking 3 years old, i haven't used any extensions with it in so long anything specific to the browser or build is likely live without-able at this point.
>>
>>54814892
I use 46 which is the latest

I mean I used to get really mad at firefox for shit like slow youtube videos, not syncing stuff and all, slow scrolling but now I have 0 of those issues
>>
File: Opera.jpg (755 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Opera.jpg
755 KB, 2560x1600
>>54814892
>>
>>54814918
Internet explorer is better
>>
Firefox is the least shit and most customizable browser.

Opera and Safari are shit. Chrome and Vivaldi are botnets, Firefox is the least cancerous one regardless of their political or SJW views.
>>
>>54814913
does it instance every tab in its own thing now or not?

i use to think that was a positive thing with chrome... but now... sometimes after an update opening something will crash the whole browser, so all the extra processes it uses makes no sense.

but i have a question, personally what i like most about chrome when i moved to it was when i want to save an image, i drag and drop it, and it saves it in the new location from the cache, but with cyberfox 22, it would ask the website to save the image again. now most places that's fine, but ill leave a 4chan tab open with images expanded let the page get pruned then save whats there so i don't have to keep checking it.

did this ever get changed with newer iterations of firefox?

also, do they force the chrome way of dealing with tabs or is that still an option i can disable? i love having multiple rows of tabs open.
>>
>>54814918
for some reason opera is just my back up all else fails browser, i never liked the feel of it.

>>54815073
personally, i'm not paying the companies, so i don't care what their views are.

on that note, anything new come to firefox within the last... 3~ years that's interesting?
>>
>>54815084
No. All the recent updates are just making the browser shittier and shittier. The only thing that saves it is the fact that it isn't a botnet and it isn't anywhere as shit as IE, Chrome, Safari and Opera. If any of those shit browsers came anywhere close as to how customizable FF is, then I'm sure more people would use them, although I'm sure Chrome's numbers look fine since normies tend to always use it.
>>
>>54815112
I haven't bothered yet with customization but hasn't Mozilla just tried their darndest to kill such concept?
>>
>>54815145
Basically. The problem is every update they put out, ends up fucking up whatever the last update fixed. It's just a continuous cycle of fuck up after fuck up but even then it's still the best browser available.
>>
Firefox Nightly, no reason to use anything else
>>
>>54815112
i mean addon wise anything new?

god knows firefox is doing their damndest to be chrome and aren't doing good.
>>
Got a question on firefox

Does it still have its old issue where if you cart it up clean it uses low ram, open 20 tabs it uses less, then close the tabs it gives none of the ram back?
>>
>>54814701
Try Yandex browser
It's from a Russian company though
>>
>>54815913
Never heard of this, installed now and posting from it. also found out about duckduckgo search. noice
>>
Safari, (Safari Tech Preview) is legitimately the only browsers worth considering on OS X. Compared to Chrome, Safari has lower power consumption and memory use, faster rendering speeds, native controls, out of process content blocking, great multi-tab UI, iCloud based tab/bookmark/history sync. Integration with Keychain (password manager). Great developer tools.
>>
All these browsers lack addons:
>ie
>opera
>safari
>basically everything else
All these browsers have lots of addons but are dysfunctional, horrible pieces of shit:
>firefox
>chrome
Please, someone, make a better browser. You have a huge untapped market, you could be the next big thing!
>>
>>54814701
I'm betting you value stability over seeing the version number bump up. Firefox ESR or a fork of it like GNU Icecat would be a good fit for you in it that case.
>>
>>54817918
You read like an abuse victim, oh you just need to find a browser that will only beat you when you really deserve it.
>>
>>54818192
I would give my right ball for a browser that only tortured me when I really deserved it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.