[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am living with my gf's family for the summer and the connection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: hVGBwqg.jpg (41 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
hVGBwqg.jpg
41 KB, 600x439
I am living with my gf's family for the summer and the connection situation is awful.

They have Comcast, and the default router. To get to my girlfriends room it needs to penetrate two walls and I get both slow speeds and unstable pings.

The WiFi channel is crowded as well. I added an E2500 and just have that broadcasting as well and it at least allows me to browse the internet decently well.

I need to know how I can fix this situation. There are about 7-8 devices connected and I need some way to get me at least stable ping (for gaymen). Better network speeds would be nice too (at 8mbps tops right now).

What router should I look for? And how can I go about replacing the default Comcast Router/Modem. It is the kind that supports telephony and has a battery backup. I would be willing to spend up to $300 on equipment if it can give me stable ping with around 20mbps of network speed.
>>
>>54814596
Get a 4g or 3g modem.
>>
>>54814596
Funny. For me to get to your girlfriend my dick didn't have to penetrate any walls. Wierd how the world works sometimes
>>
Ethernet Powerline you fuck
>>
get a fucking job holy shit how pathetic are you where living with your 'gfs' parents is a decision?
>>
>>54814833
I do have one. I'm a college student and I didn't want to go back home for the summer.
>>
>>54814800
>Ethernet Powerline you fuck

Wouldn't that be worse for ping stability?
>>
>summer
>gf
holy fuck, sudoku yourself you useless faggot piece of shit anus
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.