[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NBN INSTALLATION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: nbn-logo-large.jpg (37 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
nbn-logo-large.jpg
37 KB, 620x348
It began in march

"The NBN has arrived in your street!"
>said the letter

So I call up my ISP
"for real?"
"Yes we have begun installation of fiber to the premises"

Well how good I thought

April 3rd, conduit gets laid nice and easy
"another technician will be around shortly to complete the installation"
>sure w/e
April 28th
"I've wired your junction box and you have a strong signal"
"now just make an appointment with your ISP for the final installation"
>what?

So I get on the phone
>2 hour phone calls minimum
long story short it takes all month
they disconnect my adsl2+ before the NBN is installed
I go for weeks without home broadband
they finally call back saying that a miscommunication between NBN co and my ISP is responsible
>sorry for your loss, sir.

And now here we are WITH MY ADSL2+ CONNECTION THESE DENSE CUNTS!

Anyone here have a shitty ISP experience they want to share? bonus points if you have felt the barbed cock of the NBN up your ass
>>
>Live in Karrinyup
>Signs all over the shopping centre about how NBN is coming to our area, even received some mail about it
>I live on the fucking border of Karrinyup
>mfw it turns out I have to wait another year or so before I get NBN because they're expanding away from me, not towards me
>>
>>54814044
>Live in central country in Europe
>All countries around me have godlike ISPs get 1GBit connections for normal consumers
>Fastest consumer connection is 300Mbit but only in like 3 big cities
>Biggest ISP is taking money and fucking his customers up the ass and trying to prevent any and all competition on the countryside
>I'm finally switching from that one ISP to another which nets me a 5x bandwidth increase

Guess my country
>>
>>54814557
Poland for sure
>>
File: tmp_1467-images(5)1002119881.jpg (25 KB, 783x391) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1467-images(5)1002119881.jpg
25 KB, 783x391
live in sydney, all houses ive bought with my million dollar a year job have NBN, hook all houses up to unreleased tier 6 plans because im a systems engineer with Optus and have a side business for data recovery, all my tenants get free internet under the condition i can host game servers from the locations how does it feel to be a poor tony abbot malcom turnbell supporter?
>>
>>54814557
switzerland?
>>
>>54814557
Vatican?
>>
>>54814044
belgacom, biggest asshats of this belgian shithole

minimum service is 16 megabit down, 1 up.Minimum service is all you get. Techs are a bunch of retarded dipshits and they always bullshit their way out of their responsibilities. Everything they make (from website to infra to modem) is complete junk.

Switched to the competition: 50-200 megabit (depending on congestion) and 0 issues ever, almost the same price. The difference between running tv+internet over a measly fucking hair-thin phone line vs a thick coax meant for tv anyway.
>>
>live in melbourne
>have adsl (not even 2+)
>never got any NBN letter
>construction isn't even planned in my area
J U S T
U
S
T
>>
>>54814044
>2007 i guess
>oh, they are installing those fiber optics I heard about, neat
>month later, technicians come, lay the cable in my apartment and replace my router, speeds remain the same (4/1 mbit) but now I have only 2ms ping, cool
>2 years later, get letter saying this was a trial period and I can get 100/10 mbit for 5€ more monthly, just have to call them
>feels good man

Guess the country
>>
I can throw a rock down the road and hit NBN fibre enabled houses..... and im not on the rollout plan at all.
>>
>>54814044
>shitty ISP experience
Literally every experience I have ever had
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.