[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monitor Scratch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Hey /g/,

After decades of PC use, it's finally happened. One of my monitors got a scratch on it. Normally I might not be so pissed, but it's on my expensive XB270HU monitor. One is quite small and hardly noticeable, but the one above is much more visible (and if on a black screen, shows up white). Is that visible scratch too deep to fix? What are the best methods you've used to fix scratches? Lay it on me.
>>
>>54811004
>One of my monitors got a scratch on it.
... how? what the fuck is going on in your office that leaves scratches on your monitor?
>>
>>54811004
CRT monitors with the anti-glare film removed are very hard to scratch. Get one of those.

Really though, open up the monitor and see how deep it is, if its only through the first layer, then you can buy polarizing film from someone like 3M. A-TW is preferred from what I remember. Use a roller to apply it then cut the excess.
>>
>>54811013
Not office, but home. As for how, honestly no fucking clue. At first I thought it was something stuck to the monitor so I went to clean it and that's when I realized it wasn't going away.
>>
File: 1436143535905.gif (1 MB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1436143535905.gif
1 MB, 400x386
>>54811004
It is for this reason I still haven't removed the protective film my monitor shipped with.
>>
>>54811357
so you live with a shittier experience in fear of your haphazard treatment of stuff?
>>
>>54811357
It's not the worst thing in the world since mine is otherwise not noticeable while gaming. It's just when on black screens or high contrast bits it is easier to see.

Also, this is the first time it's ever happened and I'm damn near 30. I think the plastic covering would drive me far more loopy than the scratch.
>>
>>54811357
I've been thinking about getting one of those tempered glass screens for this reason.

But glare. The terrible glare.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.