[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look, I'm not very tech savvy, and I can't find anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 12935872195.jpg (44 KB, 273x350) Image search: [Google]
12935872195.jpg
44 KB, 273x350
Look, I'm not very tech savvy, and I can't find anything on the Internet.
I just plugged two different USB wifi antennas, and... I get better signal and speed than with any of them individually. Am I crazy? I thought my computer would just use either of them.
>>
>>54805002
Coulthard was a good driver
>>
What's a USB WiFi antenna? Nothing like that exists.

If it does exist then it might be true.
>>
>>54805085
His head is almost a perfect cube.
>>
File: squircle.png (168 KB, 443x301) Image search: [Google]
squircle.png
168 KB, 443x301
>>54806089

From this angle maybe. But from the side you can clearly see he is built for speed.
>>
>>54805095
they exist if OP is talking about USB WiFi adapters
>>
>>54806185
I know, but if that would be the case, OP wouldn't get better signal.
>>
>>54805002

From a purely theoretical point, it's possible that with just 1 USB adapter, your computer defaults to a channel with a lot of interference from your neighbours, etc. If you add a second, it defaults to another channel with less interference, and now you get better throughput.

inb4 "but the computer will auto choose the quietest channel!": yes, it will choose the quietest channel from the adapter's point of view, but perhaps not the router.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.