[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kodi and it's addons.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: kodi.jpg (6 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
kodi.jpg
6 KB, 500x300
So /g/ what do you think of Kodi and what build/addons are you running?
>>
Plex with a backend server is a much better setup.
>>
Xperience1080, Kissanime and 1Channel are all I need
>>
>>54802226
lame.
>>
>>54802443
what the fuck happened to genises? it use to be the best now it's totally broken.
>>
>>54802921

You're new to the scene aren't you
>>
>>54802921
Use exodus
>>
>>54802348

This. I used to use Kodi. Plex is so much more robust and normie-friendly.

Remember: it's okay for a good system to require an enthusiast to set up, but it's not okay for it to require an enthusiast to use.
>>
>>54804021
Exactly. When I hand someone the remote it takes them 30 seconds to figure out plex.
>>
Kodi is neat, I have it installed on Ubuntu tho which every so often shits the bed when it comes to sound drivers.

The only add-on I've tried is TVAddons so I could get Amazon Video, it doesn't even work so it was a waste of time.
>>
>>54804237

>doesn't even work

Welcome to Kodi. It plays videos like a champ, but half of the secondary functions are janky, ugly, and unintuitive at best, and outright non-functional at worst.
>>
File: 19851624691.png (131 KB, 595x484) Image search: [Google]
19851624691.png
131 KB, 595x484
Does Plex let you stream from websites like Kodi does
Or will I have to download all of my chinese cartoons one by one
>>
>
>>54802921
>Not using exodus
>>
don't use it since i don't stream anything, don't keep anything i torrent and have netflix
>>
So is Exodus the recommended add-on for streaming now?
>>
>>54802226
funny you mention Kodi. Just last night I was experimenting with it for the first time

I'm currently on Windows 7 and I have a CableCard tuner for my PC and I use Windows Media Center to watch TV. I'm gonna be upgrading to Windows 10 soon but Microsoft ended WMC for Windows 10 and I needed an alternative in case I can't unofficially get WMC to work on 10. After much experimenting I decided to go with Kodi and a NextPVR backend due to ease of use and a decent UI.

>tfw WMC was the single greatest tuning software for TV
>most everything worked out of the box and was easy to set up
>is still the only option for watching copy-once DRM channels on your PC

goodnight sweet prince
>>
specto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OzWKyvgDG8

exodus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnovsLLkSo
>>
>>54804495
>year 2016
>not using SONARR to scrape and autodownload your TV and animorphs, rename them, and organize them
wew
>>
>>54806563
Never heard of it
>>
>>54802921
>not using stream all the sources
>>
>>54806563
What's SONARR?
>>
>>54807604
A program that downloads your degenerate Anima by piggybacking signals off of us nuclear submarines
>>
How to install addons from repository with cli?
>>
File: 546576879.png (1 MB, 1365x767) Image search: [Google]
546576879.png
1 MB, 1365x767
I use kodi mainly to organize my local files. the torrent streamers are trash and i miss popcorntime's stability. Although i use the magnet link streamer on Quasar, Genesis for streaming tv shows and Film.ontv for live TV which i never use.
>>
Kodi is a great application.

I use it on my Rpi, My PCs, pretty much everything. I prefer it over plex. If only i was able to use libmpv as the player...
>>
Pirating streams is unethical and you will all burn in hell

I tried to sell a "kodi box" made from rPi on craigslist but it wasnt worth the drivw to sell it. I took the ad down

I cant compete with niggers selling the amazon firestick anyway
>>
is there a skin for kodi that's more touch screen friendly? using it on my phone is a pain but it works
>>
>>54802348
Same. I have it all automated. All I have to do is add new shows/movies and they magically show up.
>>
>>54808053
Well, torrents and usenet anyway.
>>
File: lpFnbFW.png (771 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lpFnbFW.png
771 KB, 1920x1080
What are your favourite skins?

Every skin seems either fucking shit or is broken to some degree.

Currently using Unity, the progress slider is broken and the tearing is killing me.

At least menus look decent after a few tweaks, I guess
>>
>>54810440
That looks like it was made in MS Paint
>>
>>54810440
Nemesis skin here custom widgets are boss
>>
i can't get a queue option in build 16. can't even add shows from addons to the library for lazy.tv

does that stuff work in 15?
>>
>>54810440
Phenomenal is pretty good
>>54810332
re-touched is in the official repository. You may need to change the default view to make poking icons easier
>>
>>54804099
Since you're handing them the remote I assume you've set up Kodi. What's so complicated about using it a normie can't understand?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.