[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vulkan/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: vulkan_lava.jpg (88 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
vulkan_lava.jpg
88 KB, 800x500
Let's say you wrote your engine in GL and got some good followers etc on github. You have the opportunity to now re-write your code with GL command lists / vulkan but you'll have to drastically re-write a lot of rendering code. You make no money from this, and because of strenuos 40hrs of work in the week, can really on work a few hours per day if that and on the weekends.

Do you commit to upgrading your rendering code to vulkan for the next 6 months or do you just say "gud enuff" ?
>>
any other wizards?
>>
>>54801225
>good followers etc on github
>You make no money from this

Sounds like I wasn't doing it for the money to begin with.
>>
>>54801662
but you have dreams of working in movie / game studios with big crews etc
>>
Probably not worth it. Try using vulkan for new projects.
>>
>>54801732
This.
>>
>>54801732
This project is "it". All the old projects have been merged into this one.
>>
Hey, is that a 1080 in the background?
>>
>>54801766
Well, then it depends how decoupled your interface to OpenGL is. Replacing it is no option, you need to provide vulkan as a second rendering option.
And you will never end up with good code the first time working with Vulkan, so try using it without your engine first.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.