[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why buy a 1080 when you could just wait for the 1080ti?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (674 KB, 894x533) Image search: [Google]
file.png
674 KB, 894x533
Why buy a 1080 when you could just wait for the 1080ti?
>>
>>54794589
Why buy a 1080 Ti when you could just buy an 1180?

Why buy AMD and poo in the street when you could use a toilet?

All great questions.
>>
Honestly im not sure which is smarter. Im under the impression that nvidia will either a) purposefully cripple previous cards once new architechtures are released or b) stop trying to optimize their performance for new releases via drivers.

Now if its A you're fucked either way I guess. If its B then I have to wonder who got the better deal a 980 or 980ti owner. Id love to hear some thoughts on this to be honest since idk when youd be better off buying.
>>
When do you all think the ti or titan will launch?
>>
>>54795882
>Nvidia gimps cards

This is the worst meme, what happens is amd's drivers are so shit that years later they are still making incrimental performance gains. With Nvidia what you see is pretty much what you get for performance. So because a 3 year old ATI card is still gaining a few frames here and there this somehow means that Nvidia gimps thier old cards. If you want a card that works now get nvidia, if you want a card that will be 20% better 3 years from now get ATI.
>>
>>54795882
I really hope they dont end up doing this again, I plan on getting a 1080ti and putting my 980ti in my htpc
>>
>>54795917
>>54795924

I honestly have no experience with this, im using a 7970 I got for 50 bucks. Still if we assume nothing shady happens when is the best time to upgrade your hardware so you don't get stuck in a constant "I can wait a bit longer" loop.

Now with intel dropping tick/tock this becomes even more interesting to me.
>>
>>54796154
>when is the best time to upgrade your hardware so you don't get stuck in a constant "I can wait a bit longer" loop.

never, if you are worried about this you should just not bother buying a pc, if a few hundred dollars in price difference will make or break you, or ruin your year you should probably not be buying a card at all.
>>
>>54796291
while I agree thats not really the scenario I'm looking at.

Can I afford to build a new PC with each gpu architechture? Yeah. Hell if I stopped or even cut back my smoking (I know I know) I could build a decent gaming computer every year.

Spending money for the sake of it is silly I'm just wondering which makes more financial sense so people don't get stuck in either loop (buyers remorse vs gotta wait for the thing around the corner)

I figured with the ammount of cheap fucks on /g/ this would be relevant.
>>
>>54794589
great thread
>>
>yet another retarded gaymer thread
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.