[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best starting tutorial for Racket?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Best starting tutorial for Racket?
>>
Bump
Gonna put it out there that I started Realm of Racket and I'm not that fond of it, it's literally made by first year students and it's sort of amateurish and not great at explaining important concepts.
>>
>>54790897
SICP
>>
>>54791166
Kind of intimidated by it. Are there any good prerequisites, or should I just dive in?
>>
>>54791218
HTDP is easier
>>
>>54791255
SICP is also outdated.

HTDP all the way
>>
>>54791218
It has some calculus in it, but it is an intro text book. There are lectures to help you too
>>
S I C P
I
C
P
>>
>>54791276
>>54791268
>>54791255
I'll check out both and see which one seems to be more helpful, thanks.
>>
The Little Schemer is the absolute best way to learn a scheme. It's also short and light. Read TLS and its sequel and then if you're up to it give SICP a go. There is an amazing lecture series that goes along with SICP that's available through MIT's open courseware program.

SICP isn't really about scheme though. You learn algorithms and scheme happens to be the tool you use to implement them.

For Racket specific stuff their docs are just fine. They have a good guide on their site.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.