[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
noob question is it possible to run a program (that requires
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: usb.jpg (78 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
usb.jpg
78 KB, 1024x768
noob question
is it possible to run a program (that requires to be installed) from a usb flash drive?
>>
>>54790475
Most OS will require some form of authentication input even for autorun.exe, unless the user is a winfag who has checked that "always do this for this kind of device" and selected execute the autorun, then whatever you put in that will execute. For superior OS like linux that faggotry won't work.
>>
>>54790475
Further explanation:
I have admin privileges to a couple of pcs (running windows &)
These pcs get reset every day (not my call though), so everything gets deleted
Installed these programs would be a pain in the ass: id have to download them and install them every day
I thought, that maybe I run them from a us flash drive and skip the downloang/installed process
>>
>>54790660
>shitty typos
I meant windows 7 (ignore the rest of the typos)
>>
>>54790475
>>54790660
It all depends on the program. Some are picky and need registry entries, ini file locations, appdata folders, etc... Other programs don't give a shit and write the necessary configs when they need to. You'll just have to see what requirements your specific programs need to run.

Alternatively, some programs have portable versions that are meant to be run from a removeable drive.
>>
>>54790475
Check out PortableApps.com. If it's open source software, it's usually on there. (Don't get the launcher, though.)
>>
>>54790660
look for 'portable' versions of the programs,
it's your only option besides just copying their install dirs and YOLOing it (which will most likely result in errors)
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.