[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /g/ justify adblocking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1463937819576.png (449 KB, 1000x721) Image search: [Google]
1463937819576.png
449 KB, 1000x721
How does /g/ justify adblocking?
>>
How do you justify creating the same thread every day?
>>
>>54790189
ads use the bandwidth I paid, while they make my browsing even slower than it already is. ads are also very intrusive, and mostly useless.
sometimes, ads redirect to malware sites, which makes them a security concern.
>>
I don't care that's how. Everything is fucking top 10 list bullshit on the Internet now anyways. It all needs to be nuked because the Internet is now out of the hands of the people and into the hands of the billionaires.
>>
I do not block ads, I merely decline to request them. The internet is a pull medium.
>>
I paid for the bandwidth, electricity and computer. I get to decide what to do it those things.
>>
I don't like advertising.
>>
>>54790189
Because the hot single woman in my area would not stop trying to chat with me, science has actually gone too far and my penis size is just fine.
>>
>>54790189
Malware ads.
Blinking ads.
Ads that moan at you from another tab.
Obnoxious ads that cover the page.
Ads that make your browser lag with only a few tabs open.

The online ad industry has made its bed, now it's time for it to sleep in it.
>>
>>54790221
Same, even with a i7-6700k ads just manage to clog up my browser for a good full second or two to change the obstrusive gifs all over the page im viewing.

Never in my life am I going to see a webpage ad and say "hey I need that," and click it.
about 80% of ads are complete scams anyway, and so the target for ads is just very stupid people.
>>
File: 1428954664237.gif (984 KB, 320x281) Image search: [Google]
1428954664237.gif
984 KB, 320x281
>>54790189
how do you justify netflix, streaming with no ads?
>>
ads track you
flahs ads are a security risk
ads waste your bandwidth and cpu resources
>>
>>54790189
You get hacked and scammed otherwise.
>>
>>54790189
MD5'd, also /pol/, also /kys/
>>
How much revenue does online ads provide. I was under the impression that it wasn't a sustainable model, for the production of new journalism, media, etc.
>>
>>54790189
The Internet is a pull based medium of information. I only want to pull certain things.

"Content creators" should have actual jobs, TV streaming should be a purchase medium like it is offline, etc. ads exist to make money for someone else on my behalf.

If they're not being deducted from my data allowance, I shouldn t be foresee to lose money and data because some company wants a few cents to their paycheck.
>>
File: 1460419968793-tech.gif (393 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1460419968793-tech.gif
393 KB, 500x375
>>54790378
This
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.