[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How large should I make Ubuntu partition, I have a 1TB drive,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Boi2.png (967 KB, 1024x690) Image search: [Google]
Boi2.png
967 KB, 1024x690
How large should I make Ubuntu partition, I have a 1TB drive, and will be using Linux as main OS, Windows 10 will be there for any games and applications that do not run on Linux like Photoshop, Word 2013, and etc.

I want to be able to keep a few games, and applications on the Linux partition.

Another question are drivers, I know that Ubuntu installs them automatically, but I want good/newest drivers for my GTX 970.

Thanks guys.
>>
File: Radar.png (89 KB, 469x346) Image search: [Google]
Radar.png
89 KB, 469x346
Bump
>>
I just installed Ubuntu alongside Windows Boot Loader. Did I fuck this up? My W10 is working properly and I want to get introduced to Linux.. But I don't know what I'd have to do to if I decided to uninstall Ubuntu...
>>
>>54785783
Naw man I doubt that you messed anything up the process is pretty darn simple. If you wanna delete Ubuntu you could always just delete the partition.
>>
Only in rare cases is this a problem. If you delete the ubuntu, you won't have a Windows bootloader. Google a guide for doing this. It boils down to a simple command for reinstantiating the bootloader.
>>
You can ways resize the thing. I'd do 250/750 if I were you. Make a separate home partition as well. You can also mount your windows partition in Ubuntu (Google it--ntfs-3g and you can add this to your fstab so it's done automatically). Also Kubuntu or Ubuntu with gnome is much better and no harder to use/learn imo.
>>
>>54786296
How do I install Gnome?

250GB for Ubuntu?
>>
>>54786127
Did you wanna reply to this guy? >>54785783
>>
>>54785359
OH SHIT WADDUP
>>
>>54786387
WADDUP SENPAI
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.