[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech support nightmare stories >lawyer client’s brand new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Tech support nightmare stories
>lawyer client’s brand new lenovo laptop keeps on dying
>only fix is to clear the cmos
>luckily there is a reset pinhole on the bottom of the machine
>work with Lenovo tech support for a fix
>after weeks of bad service they tell me “ I don’t know try updating the fingerprint driver”
>client is pissed
>I am pissed
>tell Lenovo that either they send me a replacement motherboard or I stop using them as my dealer
>tell Lenovo that I will swap the motherboard
>convince Lenovo to let me keep the warrantee intact
>get the motherboard, do the swap, problem is fixed
>everything is working great
…except one thing
>>
WHAT IS IT OP
>>
>>54770654
You forgot to turn off the poison socket.
>>
>the serial number in the bios is wrong
>he has to press f1 to get it to boot onto windows
>contact Lenovo and ask them to give me the tool to change it
>they won’t because I am not employed by them
picrelated
>I have to mail it in and let them do it
This is fucking bullshit the whole point of this was so I don’t have to mail in the damn laptop
Don’t buy from lenovo
>>
>>54770696
I thought the serial is stored in mobo and the bios just reads it...is this not the case op?

Also if serial is in bios, and you swap mobo , why is there a problem?
>>
>>54770654
itt: things that happened
>>
>>54770924
I guess lenovo sent me a mobo that was reclaimed or something
There was a bit of thermal paste on the cpu.
All i know is every time when i turn the damn thing on it beeps and tells you the serial number and machine type are incorrect.
I've has a similar issue when i was swaping a mobo out of a lenovo rack server
But that time they had some peer guy drive like 2 hours with the mobo and a lenovo tool on his flashdrive.
When the bios yelled at him for having the wrong serial number, he popped in his lenovo flashdrive, entered in the new serial number and it was good. the whole process took about 2 minutes.
>>
>>54771090
>lf anyone here works for lenovo and has that damn serial number changing tool on a flashdrive that would save me hours of headache
>>
>>54770696
You'd have the same problem with any other laptop manufacturer

next time just remove the hard drive and send the laptop in
>>
>>54771090
Oh ...i forgot its a laptop.
The cpu is soldered right?
And the other parts, are they soldered too in a laptop
>>
>>54771156
What exactly is the problem?I don't understand.
>>
I contacted lenovo about a corrupt SSD in my laptop and they sent me a new one for free
>>
>>54770696
>I cant google
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/EMEA-AWSPs/Thinkpad-Maintenance-Utilities-and-Diskette-usage/td-p/1724703
>>
>>54770696
>This is fucking bullshit the whole point of this was so I don’t have to mail in the damn laptop

You are one of those dumb-fucks that do not want to take advantage of the
warranty they paid for because "UH LOOK AT ME I FIX COMPUTERSS".

You are wasting everybody's time and doing a poor job.

Just send it to warranty.
>>
>>54771281 took about three weeks and a half weeks for the warranty work last time.
Client is a well known and very busy lawyer.
He told me three weeks without his labtop was unacceptable and told me to find another way
>>
File: 2.png (11 KB, 794x308) Image search: [Google]
2.png
11 KB, 794x308
>>54771239
HURDUR HE CANT GOOGLE
one of the first places i looked. lenoveo will not let me download it unless i am employed by them.
>>
>>54771391
Just use chinese google to get it
http://www.nbclub.net/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=38073

http://www.nbclub.net/discuz/attachment.php?aid=MTM3OTR8MjZjNGVlZTZ8MTQ2NDM3NDEzMnxhMzlma003MDdFY3c3T01pcDlGZXc5VExKMXNxQmRwVWNBMWZ3cDU0L1hTdE1tMA%3D%3D
>>
>>54770654
Just tell your boss that he shouldnt have employed you because of your incompetence.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.