[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Designing an alien-proof OS/kernel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (144 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
144 KB, 1364x768
So there's an old trope in movies/annie maes that has humanity's supercomputers being overrun by an mechanical-organic intelligence, best example that /g/ will probably understand is the Angel in Evangelion ep 13.

My question is: can we ever design a OS that can prevent these hacks? I feel like the current systems would get pwned pretty fast (but have no evidence to support this, it's just that I don't think we could react to something we haven't seen)
>>
>>54764527
Movies tend not to get these things correct.
>>
File: um_um_no_nope.gif (2 MB, 209x213) Image search: [Google]
um_um_no_nope.gif
2 MB, 209x213
>implying ayy lmaos would have the same concept of computing as us
>implying our architectures would be similar
>implying our programming languages would be similar
>>
>>54764527
We need mechanical lisp machines using nanotechnology
>>
>>54764527
use GNU Emacs as an operating system

>all lmaos try to inspect it
>launch built-in tetris game
>stuck in infinite loop
>>
>>54764527
>aliens hack a bunch of 0's and 1's that mean nothing to them
easier to knock out the electricity
>>
You can't predict what kind of logic alien computers work on.
For all we know they might operate in such a way that aliens can't use our computers.
>>
File: virus-scene-in-independence-day.jpg (101 KB, 669x422) Image search: [Google]
virus-scene-in-independence-day.jpg
101 KB, 669x422
>>54765082
>>
>>54764527
>can we ever design a OS that can prevent these hacks

How can you prevent something that you don't even know?

Also this: >>54765289
>>
>>54764527
>How do we stop this fantasy scenario???
>>
Windows Defender
>>
File: alart.gif (162 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
alart.gif
162 KB, 400x300
>>
>>54765306
Didnt they study alien ships for years before that though?
>>
>>54764527
If aliens are advanced enough to travel the galaxy then they will surely have good enough machine learning capabilities that they can simply scoop up all our information, process it, and learn how to use/attack it from that.

All you people talking about how they wouldn't be able to use our technology... They are advanced enough to travel the fucking universe I think they can figure it out no problem.
>>
>>54765306
What OS is this?
>>
>>54766018
yeah, nobody ever talks about that
>>54765306
this by mac OS yarrr, version 7 yarrr
>>
>>54765717
O fug
>>
>>54766182
see
>>54766193
>>
>>54766018
According to a few throw-away lines, all computers in the Independence Day universe were based off of technology researched at the crashed ship. So ayyOS is like a parent OS to everything humans have.
>>
>>54766573
So Dennis Ritchie didn't write Unix?
Or he wrote Unix studding the documentation of the AyyOS
>>
>>54766162
>implying they are master decryptors if they can use their own math system
>>
File: 1458697568015.jpg (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1458697568015.jpg
51 KB, 600x600
That episode was awesome.
>>
>>54764527
angles are humans senpai

but anyways you would probably need your pic related and hope that the aliens did not bother in checking the human brain,and expect it to be using in a super computer
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.