[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCKING THESIS STATEMENTS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Fuck.Gentoo.jpg (13 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.Gentoo.jpg
13 KB, 400x400
Alright /g/, I've got a challenge for you:

I've got 3 months to write a thesis paper for my bachelors. The ONLY guidance provided is that it covers ANY aspect of cyber security.

Desperately looking for a topic that isn't already taken by everyone else (AKA Ransomware) and is actually fucking interesting.

Best comment wins consumes the next 3 months of my life.
>>
>>54760307
install gentoo
>>
>>54760307
Windows/OS X being insecure
>>
just go on lainchan and look at IPFS
>>
You could write about the government hiring the people they get hacked by to try and prevent it in the future.

Or you could write about these modern day bank robber dudes who stole like $150 million from Bangladesh and more from that other place (Argentina maybe? Venezuela?)
>>
>cloud/distributed computing (paas, iaas, etc) plus machine learning (deep neural networks) and skynet (and the eventual doomsday)
gl
>>
>>54760566

So far cloud/distributed computing is winning. Might be worth writing about how hyper-v, and unikernals could essentially eradicate malware.

>>54760345

Sorry, but Windows 10 is actually one of the more secure OS on the market. That and it's probably the topic of 100 other fucks.

>>54760330

Eat shit and die.
>>
>>54760307
Quontom cryptography
>>
Everything is a botnet.
>>
>>54760631
install manjaro
>>
DDoS attacks and a moving target defense to mitigate impact
>>
>OSs that have updates that alter core behaviour- and are run in system state.
>These updates could be hijacked
>If these updates are forced; everyone is forcibly vulnerable
>>
File: Stallman.jpg (10 KB, 175x200) Image search: [Google]
Stallman.jpg
10 KB, 175x200
> thesis for a bachelor's
Just
>>
>>54760631
You clearly need a Gentoo installation
>>
>>54760705
>manjaro.

Everything Arch Linux is cancer. And it's shitty deviant distros amount to unix hipsters.

Debian. CentOS. RHEL. Welcome to adulthood.
>>
Talk about insecurity of Proprietary software. And advocate for free software.
>>
File: kermit9.jpg (11 KB, 238x195) Image search: [Google]
kermit9.jpg
11 KB, 238x195
>>54760307

Man I went to a bad school. I didn't have to write any sort of thesis for my bachelors.
>>
>>54760777
>he fell for the red hat meme
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbleed
>>
>>54760801
>advocate for free software.
This, don't forget to quote as quality examples on FOSS Security
>Debian RGN bug => https://www.debian.org/security/2008/dsa-1571
>Heartbleed => http://heartbleed.com/
>Shellshock => https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2014-6271
>>
>>54760307
Increased Security and Decreased Surveillance Through Use of *nix Operating Systems
>>
>>54760929
kek
>>
>>54760777
Kill yourself, Pajeet.
>>
The role of machine learning and neural networks in security
Google's TPUs are a good place to start.
>>
>>54761099
>Kill yourself, Pajeet.
apt-get  a-grip
>>
>>54760307
A comparative analysis of phishing attacks
>>
>>54760307
Prove you're not a faggot

>Securty by design
>>Automated theorem proving
>>>All theorems proven by using Event-B

You can now come here and suck me off
>>
>>54760307
Instruction aliasing on x86 and how this makes correct disassembly difficult

Also called junk byte, but try to focus on valid indeterminate control flows instead of opaque false predicates
>>
If you have any understanding of cryptography, take a look at what DJB is doing with sphinx-ElGamal, but being the usual cybersec shiteater you probably are, I would take a look at some modern appliances that are internet connected and write some bullshit exploits for them.

if you're willing to pay, I'll give you a 0day for Android :)
>>
Mesh networks: security aspects
Secure P2P filesystems
Elliptic curve cryptography
>>
>>54761584

Haha, find me a 0 day for Java, Google, or Facebook and I'll gladly shell out some bitcoins. Android's a playground for zero days, thanks for the offer though.

It's more geared towards a current development in the realm of cybersecurity. Thanks for he heads up on sphinx-EIGamal. Even if it's not my final topic, definitely worth researchig.
>>
>>54760307
no one expects undergrads to produce anything good, interesting, or unique

write on anything

>undergrads think their degree means something
>>
Militarized malware, milware
>>
File: 1402875133104.png (435 KB, 637x599) Image search: [Google]
1402875133104.png
435 KB, 637x599
>>54760307
statistical sidechannel attacks
classifiers to identify attackers
identifying people by biometrics like typing or mouse patterns
generating human-like biometrics
>>
>>54761798
np bb.
good luck and post back on what you decide on <3
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.