[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10 Package Manager
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (89 KB, 1028x710) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
89 KB, 1028x710
I have a fresh install of Windows 10 and I want to play around with the Package Manager. However, when trying to install Firefox, I only get this.
>>
Why don't you just download the installer like a non-retarded person.
>>
>>54755783
I wanted to try the package manager for fun
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
File: 1462457510585.jpg (38 KB, 554x527) Image search: [Google]
1462457510585.jpg
38 KB, 554x527
>>54755758
>windows 10
>package manager
>>
>>54755906
Please don't meme, this is a serious thread. :(
>>
>>54755931
Chocolatety has been around over 5 years.
>>
>>54755758
>skipping installed package
hurr durr
>>
>>54755783
Like linux users do?
>>
>>54756066
It's not installed though. I looked and I can't find it.
>>
Might it be case sensitive?
>>
>>54755814

>package manager

THat's not a package manager. THat's a program which downloads an installer and runs it for you. It doesn't manage and resolve dependencies.
Enjoy your malware and rootkits.
>>
What's the ExecutionPolicy?
You need to allow unsigned scripts if you use chocolateys repo.
>>
>>54756129
Mad?
>>
>>54755758
you need to update the repositories list
>>
>>54756187
Also forgot to mention, Install-Package always assumes that the installer succeeded and doesn't check anything.
You need to remove the package, change the execution policy to bypass/unrestricted and then install it again.
>>
>>54756187
Unrestricted

I managed to get it to download by telling it to uninstall Firefox first, even though it never properly installed in the first place
>>
>>54756129
>It doesn't manage and resolve dependencies.
windows doesn't do that because windows programs install every dependency
>>
>>
>>54755758
the whole "WANGDOWS HAS A PACKAGE MANGER NOW AHA LINUXFAGS BTFO" meme holds no water since the package manager is actually only functional to grab PSGallery cmdlets. you can add chocalatey to it if you feel like stabbing a fork in your testicles
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.