[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get employed in IT/Programming again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: frustrated corsican face.jpg (144 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
frustrated corsican face.jpg
144 KB, 800x1200
I'm in my 20s with no real education or job history. I'm a self taught programmer and sys admin. I've been hired to do back end programming and sys administration in the past, but poor mental health caused me to just stop responding to my bosses and I lost the jobs each time.

I have a fairly good grasp of networking and have done some "reverse engineering" related to networking for clients, contributed to a high networking library, and written a really bad HTTP proxy with low level sockets, and done other things with low level sockets to learn more. I think overall I have a good but basic overview of this field.

I tried going back to the main Freelance websites and now they require you to have at least one credential related to higher education, and I have none so I cant use those sites.I secured my previous jobs through doing Freelance work and then getting taken on for a more permanent stint.

I'm working on a github portfolio and trying to polish them and so on to demonstrate my knowledge. I'm thinking of buying a domain to display my portfolio as well, but I really have no idea where to go from here.

I talked to a couple actual network engineers and programmers, and showed them my cover letter to a company and I was told it was really good and could land me an interview.

I'm working on getting my CCNA and certs, but I have no idea where to go from here. I started doing freelancing through a fellow friend who got hired to a real job through it, and now I cant freelance on those sites anymore.
>>
github? more like gitgud
>>
>>54749465
more like fagithub
>>
>>54749453
Work on your issues.

>poor mental health
>stop responding to my bosses
>have at least one credential related to higher education
>working on getting my CCNA and certs
You have it all right there. You know what you did wrong, and you know what you need to do next.

Do that.
>>
> self taught programmer

Nobody needs people like you, it's not the 90s anymore.
>>
>>54749507
t. pranjeet singh
>>
>>54749453
>poor mental health
>Just stopped showing up and responding to bosses
>Literally no education in the field

Boy that's a fucking flabbergasting situation, I mean how in the fuck are you not a running your own IT firm yet? Jesus Christ some of you people are so clueless about life.
>>
>>54749453
you dont
>>
>>54749453
>getting my CCNA and certs
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: 27863472736742.jpg (27 KB, 298x393) Image search: [Google]
27863472736742.jpg
27 KB, 298x393
>>54749453
...ok
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.