[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Caps-lock delay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 8016showing.jpg (597 KB, 370x241) Image search: [Google]
8016showing.jpg
597 KB, 370x241
Are there any Linux distros without Caps-lock delay.

I caps-lock instead of shift for capitalizing letters, and have to edit a fucking xbd config even when i install a beginner distro.

I have tried the latest OS X and Windows and both don't have this delay.

So please /g/, I beseech u. What distro has no caps-lock delay? Thank you
>>
Just use Shift like the rest of the world you weird. Not your personal helpdesk.

>>>/out/
>>
>>>/v/

I used to do the same thing, until I came to my senses and didn't act like a faggot using capslock to capitalize one letter.
Only retards do that. You're retarded, OP.
>>
>>54736350
i have a disablity and using caps lock is far easier.

Why is it that every time I request a feature on Linux the answers i get are just change yourself or fix it yourself?
>>
File: 1452721372903.jpg (20 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1452721372903.jpg
20 KB, 381x380
>>54736333
>I caps-lock instead of shift for capitalizing letters
>>
>>54736372
I would use it but i have a disablity in my left hand.
>>
>>54736378
autism?
>>
>>54736391
There are two shift keys.
>>
>>54736378
You're right, you do have a disability. You're autistic.
:^)
>>
>>54736391
Use the right shift key, dumbass.
>>
>>54736391
What's wrong with your hand?
Also what delay?
I'm on arch and caps lock activates instantly
>>
>>54736438
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Keyboard_configuration_in_Xorg#Switching_state_immediately_when_Caps_Lock_is_pressed
>>
It depends on the Laptop I've found. My Gigabyte X11 had horrible delay and also a bounce problem that meant sometimes double or triple registers on keys. The Clevo I bought to replace it had no such problem. My current Chinkpad has a slight delay. But I have to be typing with the fury of a thousand angry midgets to get it to be a problem with double caps at the start of a sentence.
>>
>>54736378
>the answers i get are just change yourself or fix it yourself
Because Linux community is actually a bunch of shitty self absorbed autistic people. See the thumbnail example on GNOME or the tens of CLOSED WON'T FIX examples of Lennart on systemd.
>>
Just tried it in Slackware, it doesn't seem to have any discernible delay. Usually I rebind the caps lock key though, because it's otherwise useless to me.
>>
>>54736469
Cool, i'll give slackware a try.
>>
OP, if you're this retarded, why not just use wingdings? You're obviously too dumb to use lincucks.

>inb4 they don't respect muh unjustified privacy-needs
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.