[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I'm a GPU noob, and I need some help. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: nvidia-gtx-1080.jpg (53 KB, 856x600) Image search: [Google]
nvidia-gtx-1080.jpg
53 KB, 856x600
Hey /g/ I'm a GPU noob, and I need some help. I've recently come into possession of a pretty jacked PC, but it has a nvidia quadro K4200 (it's used for rendering), which obviously sucks balls for gaming. I want to get the GTX 1070 when it comes out, but I have no idea how to not fuck up having two video cards on one computer. What do I do to make sure one video card is used on different programs? I only have one monitor.

>inb4 somebody insults me for having nvidia
>inb4 sli bridge
>inb4 somebody tells me to just get a jacked card in place of both (too expensive)

I probably sound like a super pleb, so if you don't want to help that's fine
>>
nvidia has their stupid control center programs you can use to do stuff like that
dispute usage between cards based on what programs are running

my coworker has a 980ti and a gtx 640 or some shit, and makes sure the 640 is only being used for autocad and the 980 is only being used for (farmville) battlefield 3 on breaks

amd master race, firepro w9100 does both at the same time
>>
>>54711186
You plug the display into the new card. NVIDIA Control panel to handle specific tasks using the Quadro. May have to move the cable between gaymen card and render card.
>>
>>54711186
id figure there'd be settings where you could have certain cards do certain stuff.
>>
>>54711271
Thanks. This actually helps me out a lot

>>54711300
Having to move the cable is what I was afraid of. Whatever; I won't be rendering very often
>>
>Using the Quadro
>Not using the superior AMD firewire plus three intel xenon Phi's
>>
hey while this thread is on page 2, what do you guys recommend in terms of cooling? Currently I only have a wifi card and the quadro in my pci slots. Should the 1070 go on the very bottom?
>>
>>54711186

Stealing from work is not ok OP.

>in before they have tracking shits installed
>>
>>54711186
>>54711186
You can sell that quadro 750$ and get any top end gpu you want.
>>
>>54711436
Nah, still need it for rendering work and it's pretty great for that kind of thing
>>
>>54711450
The 1070 shouldn't need anything but good ventilation and air flow. You can put it anywhere as long as the fans aren't blocked.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.