[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think technology will be like 500 years from now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
>Let the speculations begin!!
>>
>48 teraflop mobile processors
>100 PB of ram
>Wireless data at gigabit speeds everywhere
>1366x768 TN displays
>>
>>54710774
Well one thing will be for certain. These faggots here will still be trying to get people to use linux as a gen purpose desktop OS..they will appear as little faggots much as they do today..so there is that.
>>
>>54710774
stones and sticks
>>
>>54710878
and maybe fire
>>
Females will be redundant.
>>
>>54710838
More like being blinded by REC.2070
>>
i7 99999999900K

NOW 28% faster than i5-2500K
>>
I'm guessing the world will be too involved with war or another devastation to worry about advanced technologies. There will likely be a mass "reset" at some point for the human race.
>>
File: 1462225515545.jpg (16 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1462225515545.jpg
16 KB, 268x265
>>54710909
>in 50 years I'll be 70
FUCK
>>
>>54710774
http://archive.ncsa.illinois.edu/prajlich/forster.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOr-jb6ElzE
>>
>>54710930
True, the Water Wars will come soon. That is one of the top scenarios the military now are preparing for..along with other countries. Also the rate the 3rd world is populating will drive this to a head faster than expected..also there is the oil issue with China gulping more each day and limited sources to draw it from..times are gonna get interesting indeed in the coming decades for those that are around for it.
>>
>>54710892
dude tru
>>
>>54710838
>>1366x768 TN displays
We have this already kek.
>>
>>54710930
I actually think this is the most accurate prediction so far senpai.
>>
>>54710978
>>54711014
>>54710930
It's amazing how retarded you autists are at Geopolitics
>>
>>54711057
Do you have something better to say, let's hear it master desu.
>>
>>54711057
Technological advances have hit diminishing returns and continue to do so. The world is even more threatened by new world order than ever before. Our technology may evolve, but humans will never evolve past being uncivilized, bloodthirsty apes.

Fuck, current wars are some of the bloodiest we've ever seen. The media and the governments just do a damn good job covering that up.

Something's gotta give.
>>
>>54711057
You are aware By 2050, the world's population will have grown from 7 to 9 billion. This enormous upsurge means the need for water will increase by over 50 percent, if we continue our consumption at the current rate.

In the report, ’Environmental Outlook to 2050’ from 2012, the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development), estimates that about 1.5 billion people today live in areas seriously affected by water scarcity. According to the report, the number will increase to almost 4 billion by 2050, which will trigger a global food crisis, if we do not change our course.

How do these facts not spell conflict to you dude?
>>
>>54710774
>>54710838

We are pretty much maxed out soon with silicon tech.
>>
>>54710978
>China gulping more each day and limited sources to draw it from..
If we use coal qualification and gas to liquid we're literally good for hundreds of more years fgt
>can't say the same about the ozone layer
>>
>>54710774
Who cares? In 500 years I'll be 516 aka dead
>>
>>54711261
>16
Sure is summer in here
>>
>>54711287
Attending my third semester of college this summer :^)

Although I'm unsure of whether to go for security or EE so I've just been doing basics
>>
>>54711259
liquefaction *
fucking spellcheck...
>>
File: science-astral-projection.jpg (104 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
science-astral-projection.jpg
104 KB, 660x330
>>54711261
Or will you?
>>
>>54711315
No wonder this board is turned to shit.
>>
>>54711327
Nah I don't think I'll WANT to be alive for another 500 years, 70 is enough.

>>54711335
At least I'm not a makifag
>>
>>54710774
Considering that the tech industry is being "diversified" into a a bunch of women and minorities, I'd say that it'll be about the same as it is now. Possibly even worse since these people might not even be able to grasp current generation concepts and manufacturing.
>>
Decent cable TV subscriptions
>>
>>54711203
Water issues are something that can be solved by throwing money at desalination plants. Now, farmable land and meeting the world's food needs, that's a whole different matter that will only be solved by wars designed to wipe out large percentages of the civilian populations.
>>
File: il_570xN.898006529_mz9e.jpg (58 KB, 570x857) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.898006529_mz9e.jpg
58 KB, 570x857
>>54711357
What are you even talking about?
>>
500 years is a really long time to look into the future. I'm really not even comfortable looking 20 years into the future, let alone 500.

In terms of medical though, aging will be ancient history. You'll be able to keep a bio-natural human (if such a term even makes sense that far into the future) looking and functioning at physiological age 25 for as long as you want, and it'll be pretty cheap. This means we'll be really good at gene editing, cleaning out dead cells, intra/extracellular garbage, clearing out bad cross links and repairing weak or destroyed cellular cross-links. This could even be automated by nanotech.

Interfaces as we know them today will also be ancient history. I wouldn't be surprised if most people's biological components begin and end with their neurological wetware. It'd make the most sense to wrap the brain in a protective shell and weave a bunch of flexible electrodes through it for interfacing. You could also add synthetic neurons to this neural mesh or store them separately in a mesocortex. Bodies would be plug-and play, just pull the cyberbrain out and move it to the new body. Of course there's room in the future for beings of all squishiness levels so you just know that there are going to be people who don't do this despite the benefits. Either way, giving commands to a machine will be as easy as thinking, visualizing and gesturing.

The moon will be covered in bases and surrounded by stations, probably as a jumping off point for trips to Mars and beyond. I don't know where I'll be living then, but there's a good chance it won't be Earth.

Really, these predictions aren't too far out there. Aside from the moon being covered in bases and having a Mars colony, everything I mentioned could feasibly happen by 2100 or so.
>>
File: 1457589630731.jpg (720 KB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
1457589630731.jpg
720 KB, 1840x3264
>>54711501
>Interfaces as we know them today will a....
Ooh boy, someone watched too much GitS.

Of we keep going like that, by the year 2500 we will be back in the middle ages. By our standards and education, the social aspect of the internet makes us even worse as humans, think religion and war, there will only be a downfall soon enough, mixing different races always lead to worse then good. You can't fight stupidity and herd herd mentality, unless we figure out how to escape this shit-tier planet and expand were all going down.

Generally how our society works right now, for every "smart" person there have to be at least two "dumb" ones.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.jpg (87 KB, 648x432) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.jpg
87 KB, 648x432
>>54711501
Well said Master Senpai!!
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (76 KB, 1417x781) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
76 KB, 1417x781
>>54711634
(YOU AGAIN)
>>
no point in discussing that far in the future 2bh.

even 50 years seems like too much for me.
>>
File: 1462507929092.gif (2 MB, 636x357) Image search: [Google]
1462507929092.gif
2 MB, 636x357
>>54711668
First post in this thread, who are you referring to as "again" ?
>>
>>54711634
> Ooh boy, someone watched too much GitS.

As much as I love GitS, I'm projecting mostly from my studies of prosthetics and neuroscience. You can build a mostly prosthetic person today, they just won't have a very high quality of life.

>By our standards and education, the social aspect of the internet makes us even worse as humans.

The internet as we know it today won't last till 2030. The effect you're referring to is due to a lack of social cues in the medium. When I talk to someone online, I can't see how they move their eyes, gesticulate with their hands, or their body language in general. The new methods of rendering web content, combined with improved user interfaces will be able to transmit all of that seamlessly. One look at Altspace is enough to confirm this for social, and Jaunt for web browsing/rendering.

> mixing different races always lead to worse then good.

I'd argue that culture mixing is more dangerous than race mixing, but both can be accomplished with positive outcomes if it isn't done haphazardly. Race will become especially irrelevant in the future with genetic engineering and other biotech.

> Generally how our society works right now, for every "smart" person there have to be at least two "dumb" ones.

There have always been less competent/cognizant folks, We made it this far with intellect being a rare trait, and engineering compassion and intelligence are easier than ever before.
>>
>>54711357
This, it's going to be another dark age.
>>
>>54711770
And the world is going to end in 2012. Protip: doomsday predictions are usually wrong.
>>
>2515 A.D.
>Some government agencies will still require you to fax documents in
>through actual and for some reason, still-existent phonelines
>despite there existing teleporters.
>>
>>54710930
Dude, war is the biggest catalyst for technological development ever. Tech made huge jumps between the world wars, and the cold war is somehow connected to the history of most modern technologies.
>>
>>54711740
>The internet as we know it today won't last till 2030.
I think the text and image based internet will still be around for when people don't want to see the obnoxious avatars of others. It'll just be more niche, like IRC is now.

>culture mixing is more dangerous than race mixing
Care to elaborate on that? I know cultural interaction tends to end in conflict but we've been relatively civilized about that sort of thing since the invention of the internet.
>>
>>54712043
>Care to elaborate on that?
The differences between races are mostly cosmetic, although I will concede some functional ones. But that's small in comparison to: Differences in culture bring difficulties in communicating and differences in values. The only thing I can think of that is better at driving conflict than a difference in values and communication is coveted resources.

Ever notice that when you import Asians to a western culture it's no big deal, but when you import people from the middle east there are more problems? It's culture and values.

We're kind of getting off topic here though, this has little to do with tech.
>>
human covenant war
>>
We'll be busy dealing with space niggers
>>
24 Gb/sec wireless communications over long range... or maybe if the announcement today of 6Gbps over non-mimo, 37 kilometer link materializes into commercial product with 4 small pcb antennas, could be 24 Gbps by next year...
>>
>>54712043
>we've been relatively civilized about that sort of thing since the invention of the internet.
don't make the mistake of thinking this is because of the internet. it's globalization; everyone is too (economically) invested in trade to get into a full scale war with other major powers
>>
All of you are very retarded, singularity will happen, it's debatable if in the next 20years or not, but in 50 hell not even a doubt, keeping that in mind speculations are not possible, fucking low minded subhuman people, by the very nature of singularity you can't fucking comprehend nor predict what will happen next.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.