[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we know when to upgrade cpu?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: a.png (34 KB, 794x469) Image search: [Google]
a.png
34 KB, 794x469
How do we know when to upgrade cpu?
>>
When u r computer too slow for u

Which evidently will never be an issue to you
>>
>>54709627
When you're using AMD.
>>
>>54709627
>AMD
Now
>>
>>54709721
Word for word what went through my head when I saw ops pic
>>
>>54709721
>>54709778
>>54709806
It works fine for now
>>
>>54709627
Fx8320 here. Not upgrading for a long time, performance is just fantastic, even edges out Ivy bridge i7 in some applications.
Obviously lacking in single thread performance, but any application that isn't heavily multithreaded usually doesn't need to be.
>>
>>54709939
FX-8320 here, running at 4.2GHz most of the time.
Will be upgrading to Zen when it becomes available, and retiring my current beast to a server, where the architecture was designed to be used.
>>
When doing normal operations are to slow.
>>
If Firefox, etc are starting to kinda lag at times, is it time to upgrade? I have a Q6700
>>
Does cpu have any affect on Game performance?
>>
>>54710011
Time to get an SSD.
>>
>>54709721
>>54709778
>>54709806

>newest Intel CPU
>newest Nvidia GPU
>play Minecraft

Back to /v fags

>>54709627
>How do we know when to upgrade cpu?

DonĀ“t listen to the /v suckers OP.
Your CPU is alright.
If you play tons of games and always in mid settings and you hate mid settings,so perhaps upgrade.(or oc)
Tbh all CPUs are on the same lvl.(Intel ahead)
For me there is no reason to upgrade,maybe in a few years,if they do some new next lv CPUs.
>>
>>54710011
Firefox is just a piece of shit. Switch to Chromium. A C2Q is more than enough for any basic task such as web browsing. I was using a tri-core Phenom II recently and it was no different to the 6700K I'm using now in terms of desktop use.

>>54710151
Also this. By far the best upgrade you can get for an old computer.
>>
>>54710151
>>54710203

Already have an SSD
>>
If you have less than 4GB ram, then it's time to add ram. Otherwise it's time to upgrade everything.
>>
>>54710293
Install opera or chrome, or chromeium. Firefox has gotten shit over the years, used to be good.

Also, what os? If Linux you could just switch to a lighter de like MATE.
>>
>>54710528
Windows 10

I feel like it may be time to build a new PC regardless. Or get a MBP...
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.