[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Just finished It school >About to go Job Interview for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
>Just finished It school
>About to go Job Interview for a Linux IT position

The only thing I learned about Linux is installing Debian and Redhat and configuring Dns DHCP Samba and Ftp. And pop3.

How fucked I am?
>>
>>54698790
you're okay, most companies hiring Junior developers just need code-monkeys who have some general knowledge about the field - they'll have to teach you their tech anyway
>>
File: IMG-20160512-WA0007.jpg (240 KB, 899x1599) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160512-WA0007.jpg
240 KB, 899x1599
>>54698847

Whew thank you. Although I live in a third world country, this makes me hopeful.
>>
>>54698898
I live in 2nd world country. Most of my friends got into programming - not even Computer Science engineers, Electronics engineers, Maths bachelors, basically everyone who has any potential

big corpos need a lot of 3rd/2nd world monkeys to untangle their spaghetti code, they really don't care about quality
>>
>>54698790
Not at all. All we care about is that you're not some kind of asocial weirdo that would be a pain to work with. Skills don't matter at all, everything you'd need to know they can teach you at 10x the rate of you learning by yourself.
>>
>>54699224
You know how sometimes when you try and untangle a really really long piece of rope how you can start tangling up another totally different section of rope?

Thats what these companies are in for.
>>
>>54699694
as long as the pay and benefits are decent idgaf desu
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.