[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God tier method... >AdAway for automated ad blocking at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: adblok.png (184 KB, 400x427) Image search: [Google]
adblok.png
184 KB, 400x427
God tier method...

>AdAway for automated ad blocking at the hosts level. Does an excellent job blocking ads in apps and browsers, and updates automatically.
>Xposed Framework + Youtube AdAway. Blocks ads in the official YouTube app.
>Xposed Framework + TwitchNoAds. Blocks adds in the official Twitch app.

Other methods are...

Xposed + MinMinGuard...MinMin is supposed to block ads in apps only, and reclaim the used space that ads took up. I tried it, didn't work too well for me, and the white/black listing pages are confusing.

MoaAB: Mother of All AD-BLOCKING... I looked into this, though never tried it. It's a list of IP's you apply manually to update the hosts file. It looks to be too aggressive and may block sites you don't want to block, plus the support thread is ridiculously convoluted and disorganized. It appears to do what AdAway does, just you apply it manually.

List your preferred method of Android ad blocking.
>>
AdAway, MinMin (which works perfectly, are you sure you had it set up properly) and YouTube Red which I got with GPM.
>>
>>54694940
Whats to set up? I installed it, and opened 3 apps that were ad based. It did block the ads, but it did not re-claim the space the ads used. So I figured whats the point of using it when AdAway will block the ads.
>>
A better solution:
Don't install apps from the play store, but use f-droid instead.
And don't visit websites that show ads.
>>
>>54694978
Sure, I'll just throw my smart phone in the garbage then.
>>
File: nok.jpg (31 KB, 281x420) Image search: [Google]
nok.jpg
31 KB, 281x420
>>54694978
Might as well get pic related.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.