[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Night Cameras
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1346286_f260.jpg (11 KB, 260x259) Image search: [Google]
1346286_f260.jpg
11 KB, 260x259
Hi everyone. First time on this board.

Could anyone recommend an affordable night camera? I do some really weird shit when I'm asleep. I went in for a study at the sleep clinic last night, slept like a baby, didn't twitch, apparently. I need something to show the doctor at my next appointment. I'm after something that will continuously record me during the night, including sound. Preferably one without bluetooth or wireless because the best I can do security wise is to just turn them off. I'm not a programmer. I do have bluetooth for my desktop and I'm okay with downloading that way, I just don't want anyone hijacking the camera and watching me sleep. The picture quality doesn't have to be perfect so long as it records my movements reasonably well, and like I said, it needs to record sound as I tend to scream a lot. I also talk without moving around, so the continuous recording is needed as opposed to a motion sensor. A wall jack is a must because chances are good I'll forget to charge the camera at some point and murphey's law dictates that this will be the night where I get really weird.

Any help is much appreciated.
>>
>>54691989
I know a few good ones, but first tell us about this weird shit
>>
>>54691989

Get any camera and shoot yourself over a week. Get one that can do low-light. You can use your phone voice recorder to amplify your video's audio
>>
Get a infrared camera and a infrared torch.
>>
>>54691989
Bought the xiaomi yi ant home security camera for 30 bucks recently. Real good value and good ir night vision. Sound input is bad though.
>>
>>54692045

On a good night I talk or occasionally scream, but only the once. I only know about it if someone else hears it. If I scream but don't move I usually don't wake up. If I have a full blown terror I scream a lot and keep screaming. I'll usually scrabble for weapons. I have been known to pick fights with walls. Sometimes I wake up because of the pain in my hands, but sometimes I only know about it if I wake up with bruised knuckles. I've woken up a couple of times standing in front of a window, about to punch it. Haven't done it yet though. If I have a bad terror and wake up, sometimes I go straight back to sleep, sometimes I get up and check every possible hiding place and all the locks. One rare occasions I sleepwalk. For some reason when I do that I'll pace around my bed for the most part. I also have something called confusional arousals; I'm not quite asleep, but I get out of bed and try to find the door to get out of the room, or just find the light switch. I never do. I end up turning around and finding the bed and going back to sleep. The main problem is the terrors. Because I get violent there's significant chance I'll hurt myself badly. I really will punch out that window, or hurt someone else. I haven't shared a bed with anyone for years because I've a legit fear I'll strangle them in my sleep.

My unit shares a bedroom wall with my neighbours. I warned them when they moved in that I do this shit. Me howling at monsters every night can't be good for their sleep either. They haven't complained, but I've a number of people over the years ask me if I've been assaulted while I was a kid or some shit, and that I need to find a trauma counsellor. Which is bullshit. I was having terrors when I was still in the cradle, according to my mother. Most people grow out of them, but I'm one of the rare ones who don't.

>>54692144

Thank you, I'll look that one up.

>>54692072

Yeah, that's the plan. I'd rather get the right type of camera straight away though.
>>
>>54693312

bro what happens if you record yourself and you see shadow standing over your bed?
>>
>>54693312
bruh the demons are after you trying to draft you into the skeleton war. keep fighting the good fight
>>
>>54693351

Knowing the enemy is half the battle.

>>54693371

I'm taking those fuckers down with me.

>>54692144

Apparently the manual is written in Chinese? Was that a problem for you?
>>
I laugh in my sleep occasionally.

When I was very young I would do it with my eyes open.
>>
>>54693351
I wonder how many people actually fear that, i suppose i common.
>>
>>54691989
Do some metta meditation and this will go away
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.