[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
made a similar thread last night BUT Looking into getting an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: LG G4.jpg (582 KB, 2500x1706) Image search: [Google]
LG G4.jpg
582 KB, 2500x1706
made a similar thread last night BUT

Looking into getting an LG G4
any anons have one?

pros
>$200 on ebay
>Removable battery and SD card, meaning i can use a zerolemon extended battery EZ
>looks decent
>NFC And Qi charging
>seems to have good dev support, CM13 builds are out there and it'll be upgradeable to android 6
>improved on the g3 and fixed its weird issues

what's the catch?
>>
As far as I have looked there doesn't seem to be much development going on for the h815 ( only a few aosp roms ) but other than that it is a great phone which is yet to let me down.
>>
also i've looked into xiaomi stuff but none of it works on verizon
>>
>>54686246
>what's the catch?
Shit battery life, but as you said, you can get a ZeroLemon. The ZeroLemon will take away your NFC and Qi charging though, be warned.

Recently, I started noticing that mine takes pictures pretty slow, like from the time I tap the capture button to the time it actually captures. This might be an issue with my settings though, but even then it's set to automatic mode.
>>
Like any modern flagship, custom AOSP/CM based ROMs are utter shit because the camera and sensors drivers are proprietary so they can only use shitty foss versions. Battery life generally sucks too.
If you really care about using pajeet's latest ROM, get a nexus.
>>
>>54686343
> The ZeroLemon will take away your NFC and Qi charging though
i was going to get one of those antenna extenders that reaches around the battery pack, it's a little flexible pad thing you put inside the case with a ribbon cable to touch the contacts
>>
>>54686343
I have a G4, I'm pretty sure the picture issues have to do with HDR, but I could be wrong, that's just when I started noticing it slowing down.
>>
>>54686348
nexus seems neat but my only verizon options are the 5 and the 5x

the 5 is long in the tooth by this point

the 5x has almost NO extended battery support, there's shit-all on amazon and that's generally a bad sign. zerolemon isn't even going to support it because nobody bought one, they all bought the 6p.
and apparently the 5x's battery life is dog shit
>>
I have had a g4 for about 3 months now

Pros:
>The display(pretty nice and sharp, good colors)
>Performance
>I havent had any problems with camera, nice and quick
>Overall good phone

Cons:
>under average battery life
>Tends to heat up a little when streaming/ playing games
>The quick circle case is shit (got it for free)

Overall its an 8/10 in my opinion
Would recommend
>>
>>54686426
oh and because of the non-removable back, if i put an extended battery on, bye bye qi charging and nfc
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.