[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
12v electricity source
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
Hello! I need a 12v source for my portable speaker circuit and i was wondering what can i use...i want something as light as possible and with at least 1amp of current...any ideas? Also...how could i charge it?

Ps: should i have posted this in the diy section?
>>
I usually find some old alims and remove the casing for my projects. You can find simple schematics easily depending on what efficiency you need
>>
File: MULTI_VOLTAGE_ADAPTOR_1000mA.jpg (33 KB, 469x380) Image search: [Google]
MULTI_VOLTAGE_ADAPTOR_1000mA.jpg
33 KB, 469x380
get a 12v or multi-voltage power brick from an electronics store (or some online shop, i suppose)
>>
Just get step up module from China and a battery
>>
Some 18650 battery cells with integrated protection, a holder for them, and a DC/DC converter (3.0-3.7) to 12V, depending on what technology the batteries are based on.
You can always abuse old powerbanks to serve as a 18650 charger.

- Or -

A LiPo battery pack in the 11v range (for RC things n shit), a LiPo undervoltage protection circuit, and a 8-19v to 12vdc DC/DC converter or some shit, and a cheap charger.

- Or -

A 12V Powerbank. Has all the protection and shit built in, and also has some 5V outputs. Quite expensive, but i'd recommend using a powerbank.
I wouldn't recommend a simple 5V powerbank, because you would need to get like 4A@5V to step it up to [email protected] (assuming non 100% efficiency, idk)

Lead batteries are heavy and big, and have a low energy density. I wouldn't recommend using them in your actual case.

Be sure to use protection circuits if you're working with "sensitive" batteries, such as 18650, lipo and all that shit (undervoltage, overheating, etc).
>>
File: 20160522_113510.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160522_113510.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>54684687
If you need more than 1 amp (like for a sound amplifier), Led lights power sources are the best. I use one for my portable diy boombox and its great. Cheap, stable and can find them anywhere.
>>
>>54684687
Go buy a Yamaha ps150. 12v PSU for their keyboards and does.up to 1.5A
>>
>>54684926
>>54686091
"Hello! I need a 12v source for my
>portable<
speaker circuit (...)"
>>
>>54686144
Shit didnt see the portable part
>>
>>54686144
he didn't say the supply needed to be portable
>>
>>54686243
Please read the OP again.
>>
>>54686282
ok, read it again, still doesn't say the supply needs to be portable

think of it like this, imagine if i asked about a power supply for my phone, would you assumed i meant a usb wall charger? or a battery?

i'm not trying to be smart, i honestly assumed op was talking about a mains supply
>>
>>54686375
He needs a 12V source for his portable speaker circuit.

Yeah, he didnt mention the source to be portable, but i assume that he meant something like a battery or so to power his shit.
>>
>>54686423
i must be tired, the word "circuit" makes a battery a better assumption, must have skimmed over it
>>
>>54684687
Get a 12V UPS battery those things are gucci when it comes to mobile power they come in varius shapes and sizes and they come from 3 Amp's per hour to 5.
Alternatively you can just stack lithium cells and buy a charger it's cheaper but not better.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.