[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to know if you're a code monkey?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
how to know if you're a code monkey?
>>
>>54682892

You use "Enterprise" in your job description / title and mainly work in Java, C#, or various mixes of "web" languages.
>>
>>54682892
The original non-/g/-meme definition?

When all you do is code. You don't care about the technologies surrounding and integrating with your code
>>
>>54683642
t. filthy neet
>>
>>54682892
When all your code is basically boilerplate, reinvented wheels and copypasting from stack overflow.
>>
>>54682892
When you ask advices from /g/
>>
>>54682892
You have nothing to do with the core implementation of the project you're working on, you're just one of many coders crapping out the implementation as quickly as possible.
>>
>>54682892
Have you ever written any code that you know is beautiful? Any hack that just boggles the mind, but once you've written it it's magnificent?
Ever wrote anything nobody has ever done before?

If you have no creativity, you're not a hacker, you're a code monkey.
>>
>>54682892
you know how nobody talks to you outside of the stand up or if you fucked something up?
that
>>
how do I stop being a code monkey?
>>
>>54684808
Do you like to learn things?

Yes? Go do the hardest thing you can think of, you'll learn cool stuff.
No? There's your problem. Stick with a Java job, safe and easy for the next 40 years.
>>
>>54684848
>Yes? Go do the hardest thing you can think of, you'll learn cool stuff.
I love difficult programming tasks. I just know my code is shitty, but I don't know how to design it better. even if I read about programs design, algorithms, design patterns, etc. I don't really know how to apply it in practice and quickly forget what I learned
>Stick with a Java job
h-how did you know? I used to know other languages though and I'm learning C and starting to learn ASM at the moment
>>
The highest math course you did was calculus or linear algebra
>>
you're a monkey
>>
>“Enterprise programming” (a.k.a. the faggot paradigm that will make you use OOP in a Hello World
>“Software engineering” (Computer engineering minus everything that’s good in it but you like it because muh nurd stuff and no math or physics needed)
>Coding boot camps
>Javascript, the language in which
for(i=0;i<100;i++)
declares i as a GLOBAL variable
>C#, the Microshaft language for retards
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.