[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
File Sorting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: foobar.png (11 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
foobar.png
11 KB, 256x256
Sup /g/
recently moved to linux (ubuntu)
Back in windows i was running FooBar2000, it has an awesome plugin that would automatically sort my music library in a specified file tree such as
/ [Artist] / [Date] - [Album] / [Track No.] - [Track]
and I was wondering whether there was a way to easily achieve this on linux?
>>
>>54682145

> ubuntu

out of the frying pan into the fire
>>
>>54682552
seemed the easiest to get started on and learn how linux works
>>
>>54682625
You're right, it's a good way to start
My foobar does it automatically on Linux already?
>>
>>54682625
At the very least, have a look at peppermint and lubutu.
I presonally like peppermint. Then just slap a tiling window manager on and you have something reasonably usable without amazon being involved.
>>
>>54682748

didn't know there was a version of foobar for linux? doesn't seem to be one on the main site anyway

>>54682768

i know there were probably much better distros of ubuntu, i grabbed Kubuntu in the end, stripped it of KDE and ran openbox, its exam season for me currently so didn't want to deal with the haste of researching things. Will look into something better after though
>>
>>54682145
Lots of good music programs on ubuntu. Not sure what you're looking for exactly, but if you have a huge music library I would recommend mpd + ncmpcpp.

It has support for ID3 tags, and it manages huge collections extremely efficiently.

Maybe check out the program "picard" if you want to make mass changes to your ID3 tags.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.