[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is space colonization possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1405311070329.jpg (537 KB, 1759x1018) Image search: [Google]
1405311070329.jpg
537 KB, 1759x1018
Is space colonization possible?
>>
>>54678295
It's possible but I think the human race will go back to the dark ages before that happens.
>>
>>54678295
yes, but we are too busy trying to exterminate ourselves.
>>
>>54678315
This, we will have a cyber punk era battle angel Alita style before that happen
>>
>>54678295
Possible? You bet your ass. Far too expensive, though (for now).
>>
That movie sucked
>>
>>54678332
'We' are also busy with mo monies fo dem pogramz.
>>
No. The universe is incomprehensibly big and all the worlds next to us are dead rocks. We will be lucky to have a manned Mars landing sometime in the next 300 years.
>>
Yes

But not economically feasible

We have better things to spend our time and money on, like welfare for niggers, and drawn out wars against sandniggers

And also safety for astronauts because we are not russia and don't send random cadets up there with a picture of putin in case they need to think of the motherland before they die
>>
>>54678315
>dark ages
what do you mean?
>>
>>54678295
I think you are lost. This board is for consumer technology and anime

>>>/sci/
>>
>>54679599
we're already in them

data is horribly fragile compared to text. much of what we have "written" will be lost, corrupted (in either way), or censored.
>>
>>54678295
Is your mom colonization possible?
>>
File: iss.jpg (2 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
iss.jpg
2 MB, 4288x2848
Yes.
>>
>>54678295
>space colonization
Why would you do this?
There's nothing we currently can harvest from anywhere outside earth that could be of use to us

>visiting huge spheres of gas
Other than tourism I don't see the point
>>
>>54681618
gold
>>
>>54681618

Mining. That which is found in scattered veins due to eons of seismic activity on Earth can be found in large floating chunks in space.

Also, you know, it would be nice if the next extinction-level event didn't actually drive us to extinction.
>>
yes but people's souls are weighed down by gravity
>>
>>54678295
Alright here is how it will go, we send like a hundred mining/constructing robots on some planets, they start plants for multiplying and building a huge space station like OP pick related, the robots will multiply exponentially so it's possible and shit as they will manage the whole shit instead of like Pajeet
>>
>>54681523
1mm piece of shit hits it and it's almost destroyed

I wonder how thick the walls are
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.