[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm considering a MBP if the skylake refresh finally happens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_2216.jpg (1 MB, 3648x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2216.jpg
1 MB, 3648x2048
I'm considering a MBP if the skylake refresh finally happens in July.

I want a premum laptops regardless of the brand

My main reasons for going MBP over another laptop(Like that neat Dell with the thin bezel) is the fact that it has great battery life, amazing screen, and it won't devalue as quickly as a none apple Laptop.

In 3-4 years I can likely still sell it for only 30%~ less then I paid for it and upgrade to a new Macbook cheap enough and repeat the cycle.

What's your opinion /g/?
>>
>>In 3-4 years I can likely still sell it for only 30%~ less then I paid for it and upgrade to a new Macbook cheap enough and repeat the cycle.

okay!
>>
>wont devalue as quickly
unless they drop another generation of mbps ofcourse, then you're fucked.
if I were you I'd go for an ultrabook. if I were me I'd ofcourse buy a refurbished thinkpad and swap out some of its specs to make an equivalent computer for like a third the cost of a mbp but "muh retina" sure sure
>>
>>54678328
>unless they drop another generation of mbps ofcourse, then you're fucked.

Core2Duo MBPs still go for like $400-500

There are modern used laptops with far higher specs that sell for less used.
>>
>>54678274
>I'm considering a MBP

>I want a premum laptop
lol

> great battery life
lmao

>amazing screen
gr8 b8 m8

> it won't devalue as quickly
only compared to $300 laptops
>>
>>54678274
If you're worried about re-selling, go for it.

t. XPS 13 user
>>
File: rtrretet.png (39 KB, 1049x750) Image search: [Google]
rtrretet.png
39 KB, 1049x750
>>54678372
You can't deny the retina IPS panels aren't nice too, come on.

The soldered ram is fucking devious though.
>>
Okay OP lemme give you some advice. First off all these things fet really fucking HOT when using flash, or anything remotly demanding wich js a pain in the fucking ass. Try playing some damn flash flgame or use chrome without that shit overheating. The rest you mentioned is true but the battery life is greatly exurated. They dont last nearly that long. I own a 15inch MBP for reference.
>>
>>54678274
I have one. It's a much smoother, well-rounded and well put together machine than anything else I've used. Everything is instinctual and works as you would expect a laptop should in this day and age.
>>
>>54678619
lol who the fuck uses flash
>>
>>54678274
Me too OP. I am leaving to Australia for contract in the middle of july. I have been looking for a laptop for a while now. All I need is
- at least 1k res, can be downscaled
- at least i5 4th gen
- 13"
- 8-16 GB of ram
- ssd 120-256 GB
Sadly with this specs XPS 13 is more expensive tham rMBP. Which is bullshit.
>>
File: 1451709306676.png (731 KB, 1300x900) Image search: [Google]
1451709306676.png
731 KB, 1300x900
>>54678274
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.