[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best paying jobs in this field, /g/? Is it full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: e212e21e12.jpg (99 KB, 1076x530) Image search: [Google]
e212e21e12.jpg
99 KB, 1076x530
What are the best paying jobs in this field, /g/? Is it full stack, back-end, front-end, Java EE or .NET or all?
>>
>>54665462
C, embedded
I am not lying, this is it
>>
>>54665490
Yes, you are lying
Ada embedded pays infinitely more money
>>
>>54665462
The best-paying job is the one that you are most proficient at.

Now gtfo.
>>
>>54665576
you can be really proficient at brainfuck, it doesn't mean someone will hire you
>>
>>54665462
full stack for sure
>>
>>54665509
Why haven't I heard of any low level Ada developer?
Why haven't I ever heard of an Ada developer?
>>
>full-stack
>front-end
>yada yada
it's not webdev
>>
>>54665702
>nobody's heard of an Ada developer
And that's why the wages are so high, the demand is small and the supply is even smaller.
It's mostly used in real time software where bugs could cost billions of dollars or human lives. You'll see it in nuclear submarines, missile defense systems, bullet trains, fighter jets, air traffic control systems, most commercial Beoing planes, military communications satellites, railroad transportation and NASA/ESA projects.
It's a 10/10 language and faster than almost anything except C and C++, but way safer and eliminates entire bug classes without getting in the way of low level programming. There's also SPARK 2014 which is a subset of Ada where programs can be mathematically proven to be correct which eliminates al large portion of testing.
It's also a general purpose language that could probably replace most OO languages if more people knew about it.
>>
>>54665685
>full stack for sure

There's no such thing as a full stack developer. Maybe you mean code monkey.
>>
>>54665866
Interesting
I have maybe heard of Ada once or twice but I'll look into it. Especially the embedded part, I was ignorant to it
>>
>>54665866
It also comes with a mightier OO approach (however, more complex) and built-in multithreading. Ada had this stuff "before it was cool", built right into the language, no third party framework needed.

The language is not exactly newbie friendly. You should know your programming concepts and paradigms. It's not really complex either though.
With GPS it has a nice IDE.

Wrote my bachelor thesis in it.
>>
>>54665702
You probably haven't heard much about COBOL programmers either but they are high paid and there's roughly a billion lines of code of it out there: http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/a/14058 (read the whole answer, especially the end)

When I started studying CS my first prof said we are doing the wrong thing because during our time the last generation of people that learned COBOL will retire and there is no group to replace them. Because there is such a huge amount of COBOL out there and it's not economic to rewrite it all, the wages for people able to maintain COBOL programs will rise pretty high. We should rather learn COBOL instead, he said.
>>
>>54665462
>What are the best paying jobs in this field

Increasingly it's crap like Saleforce and Dynamics CRM.
>>
File: 1463732677155_0.png (1 MB, 2000x2210) Image search: [Google]
1463732677155_0.png
1 MB, 2000x2210
>>54665462
>inb4 getting a ban for being helpful
>>
>>54667592
what a joke
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.