[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which SSDs would you recommend and which should be avoided? Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1463795374956.jpg (73 KB, 320x340) Image search: [Google]
1463795374956.jpg
73 KB, 320x340
Which SSDs would you recommend and which should be avoided?
Should MLC/SLC be considered or is it pretty much a nonfactor?
>>
Only Samsung 850s because

>dat reliability
>RAPID mode
>comes with data migration software
>it just werks
>>
File: large[1].jpg (65 KB, 1024x728) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
65 KB, 1024x728
>>54660958
>data migration software
Did you mean: data mining software?
>>
>>54660925
>Should MLC/SLC be considered or is it pretty much a nonfactor?
>SLC
>>
Yeah 850 pros also just wipe them out and raid 0
The 256 gig has better perf than 512 so take two and raid em
Then you'll have the same dilemma between a terabyte and bleeding edge m2 950 pro at half the size
Intel 750s wont back down
>>
>>54660925
I don't think there are any SLC drives being made anymore, at least none that are attainable by the general consumer, so you're left with MLC (2 bits per cell) or TLC (3 bits), of which, MLC is more reliable and will last longer. TLC drives are generally cheaper, though. But you're focusing on the wrong aspect of the drives. What really differentiates the different drives and their performance/reliability/longevity the most is the controller and interface.
>>
SSD's are a meme. Only a retard would use them.
>>
>>54661402
>drive firmware is the same as a disk cloning software

Yep, totally.
>>
File: myce-samsung-magician[1].gif (19 KB, 499x387) Image search: [Google]
myce-samsung-magician[1].gif
19 KB, 499x387
>>54661513
> With the Magician Software, they just want to know how many GB you write per day and things like that
That's why they need your IP for that, right? Anything else you wanna say about that?
>>
>>54661513

Yeah I know but that's how I would react too if I didnt experience it firshand, its like reading a recipe and eating the actual food

Samsung is ok imo, theyve some low end front but some serious high tech infrastructure all across industry boards and most of time discreet, without marketing shill

The drive is guaranteed freaking 10 years thats how much faith its on and they wont nitpick for a receipt

Dont mean to sound like a shill (but sound like one) its just refreshing in a land of bloodsucking recession faggotry
>>
>>54661562
I'd be much more worried about the device IDs they collect than my IP. Wouldn't that have to collect your IP if they want usage statistics?
>>
>>54661679

You need to see this for yourself, it isn't intel grade telemetry

Magician has an optional inbuilt benchmark, provision and various profiles to optimize your intended usage

The device id is used to authenticate the product one time and samsung usually dont publish release notes (from my exp with a high end "smart tv" with controversial voice features)

So the firmware is just a byproduct to authenticate their tech, its always optional
>>
>>54661562

Nice b8, mate

The vast majority of websites view and record your IP.
>>
>>54661830
Cool, so the magician software collects literally no sensitive information.
>>
>>54661864

I understand your concern with a sheet of paper being limited to the manufacturer when in reality you can access and change the molecule of its fundamental reality to be free to exist from property

Yet until you find a way to breach terms of usage to benefit from the technology then so be it

You can't blame a business to protect the very own rules that justify its existence and to exert its control over what it claims to own in the first place

You can only mitigate it or abstain completely, there are rules and it's the whole fundemental nature of profitability to property developed which is in question rather than the specifics on its outcome

Hence why culture is usually at the core of every dynamic

This sounds like a good script for all you pajeets out there, get educated and know your own ignorance every day
>>
Sandisk SSD Plus, everything else is a meme.
>>
>>54660925
Intel or Samsung.
>>
SLC. always.
gl finding it.
>>
>>54662238
gl affording it in any reasonable quantity. If you do find it it'll usually be ~32GB and expensive as shit
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.