[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the appeal of this considering most of what I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: imac21inch[1].jpg (48 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
imac21inch[1].jpg
48 KB, 770x433
So what's the appeal of this considering most of what I do on my PC is gaming, shitposting on this site and listening to music?
>>
>>54658376
Im not kidding but its for people who prefer OSX and enjoy the aesthetic appeal
>>
>>54658376
Same as any PC.
Run Windows* on it if you must, Apple won't care. They make their money from selling the hardware.

*Windows is FREE (for a while).
>>
>>54658376
There is no appeal and you should not buy it. Unless you have too much money in your hands and for some absurd reason want to play games on the 27" iMac. The most expensive GPU is quite beefy.
>>
>>54658376
for shitposting and listening to music it's the best.
for gaming they're pretty terrible.
they're great as a secondary machine for only browsing the internet and music, while your primary one plays vidya
>>
File: tumblr_ny74cwgYCY1tdi3p4o1_400.gif (2 MB, 280x395) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny74cwgYCY1tdi3p4o1_400.gif
2 MB, 280x395
Looks nice.
Works well.
Excellent customer service.
And the trolling possibilities around here. Just posting a picture of it will send the faggots raging.
>>
if you're happy, just stick with what you've got. why does everything need to be an argument where we get you on board with some shit?

i like os x because it exposes enough low-ish level stuff (a good CLI and development tools) without also asking me to do a lot of desktop environment customization. if i didn't mind doing all that (or if i DID mind that it wasn't open source), i'd probably use a distribution of linux.

although i wouldn't use the 21" iMac. it's sufficiently easy and cheaper to make a hackintosh with a high density display (think p2415q) to get "retina screen" or whatever at 24". Speaking as someone who's on that setup now, it's really, *really* nice.
>>
>>54658376
sounds like a quality life you got there.
>>
>>54658376
it's for people who want less options.
>>
Well, gaming is degenerate, and browsing while listening to music is literally all a Mac is capable of.
>>
do you mean macs or just all in ones?
>>
>>54658376
Pros
- Looks good/tidy
- Small form factor
- Good screen
- Very quiet
- Comes with everything installed/set up including kb and mouse

Cons
- mouse is terrible
- I've never played games on one but its basically a laptop behind a monitor so expect similar performance
- SLOW for basic productivity
- EVEN SLOWER for high demand productivity
- Speaker sound ok at first but are meh
>>
>>54659519
What does it say on her tits? Give to love? What does that mean?

PS: Sorry, I don't speak korean very well.
>>
They seem to cater to the extremes of the technological capable. The two archetypes that I've seen use them are:
a) 20 - somethings that know very little about computers
and really only "use what the artists use" without question.

b) Grey bearded Unix guys who got a Unix machine with an awesome 27" display, but they are still pissed that the IT department took away their 10 year old Sun machine running CDE and Solaris.

I guess what I'm asking is, "which one is you?"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.