[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/ I am planning on pranking the Indian Windows scammers,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 2.jpg (43 KB, 599x512) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
43 KB, 599x512
Hello /g/ I am planning on pranking the Indian Windows scammers, they are fucking assholes, they scam everybody or anybody that they can, even old people that don't know better.

What are some things that I can do? And should do?
>>
What scammers? Microsoft support is legit, and can help you to get rid of viruses.
>>
Just use up as much of their time as you can. The longer you can keep them on the phone, the more money they lose.
>>
>>54657795
>Play loud noises through the phone
>Pretend to be the Bhāratīya Pulis Sevā (Indian police)

Not a lot of ideas to be honest, not much you can do to fuck with them.
>>
File: 1462924350508.jpg (390 KB, 1200x749) Image search: [Google]
1462924350508.jpg
390 KB, 1200x749
>>54657873
Fuck you pajeet
>>
Use some obscure SysV like Solaris or IRIX.
>>
>>54657892
Yea this sounds good, I really fucking hate them, they ruin peoples days.
>>
>>54657972
But then I couldn't install there software to let them connect to my desktop.

I was thinking of doing a VM inside of another VM
>>
>>54657911
>>54657892
Anyway I can do anything else? Like scare them.
>>
File: 1463705928091.jpg (321 KB, 620x824) Image search: [Google]
1463705928091.jpg
321 KB, 620x824
Bump
>>
>>54657988
Windows ME, and install retro malware, browser toolbars and other PUPs. It's fucking awful, but it can successfully run Ammyy Admin, one of the programs they use. If they direct you to others like TeamViewer that won't work, download them, run them, and read them they cryptic errors they make. They'll cycle through until they get to Ammyy.

Best would be to run ME on a real shitty old PC. Then they can't spot things like "VMware SVGA II". Also there's just nothing quite like Windows ME loaded down with shitty toolbars and crapware on a 486.

Don't forget Bonzai Buddy.

Also if they get pissed and hang up, call back immediately, say who you were talking to and that they hung up on you. Act all innocent and confused as to why they would have hung up.
>>
>>54657795
Hi there is nothing wrong with windows
Windoes is best OS on the planet
especially win10
I can sell you very cheap win10 legal copy with no botnet
email me [email protected]
>>
Have lots of legit malware and toolbars that make it real hard for them. Inside a vm of course.
>>
>>54657795
Sound genuinely interested, Slowly try to make your voice sound more and more like Richard Stallman, then play RMS on Ted Talks, place your phone beside the speaker, and walk away.
>>
yest
>>
What do they usually ask of you when they call?

to dl some of their shitware? teamviewer? what?
>>
>>54658430
>What do they usually ask of you when they call?
The script goes something like this:
They will have you download some remote control program like TeamViewer, Ammyy Admin, support.me, etc. They always go about this with win+R and type in the URL. Or sometimes they have you do win+R hh.exe http://some-site-that-doesn't-exist, point to the 404 error as more evidence that you have errors on your computer, system menu, jump to URL, and enter the URL for their remote program that way. (Using hh.exe also serves to bypass any malware clogging up your usual browser.)

Then they take control of your computer, show you eventvwr.msc which always has some errors logged to it from normal operation. They point to this as a sign of infection. They sometimes load a "security scan" script that is just a batch file that runs tree and a few other things on a command prompt and echoes some errors in broken english.

Then they take you to either a site where you can pay them over $100 to fix your "problems". Apparently if you pay sometimes they will even do legit things like cleanup with a free program and install AVG. Other times they only make it worse.

And if you fuck with them too much, they'll put a password on your Windows account to lock you out. Apparently it's often something like 1234 or asdf.
>>
Ask them to install Gentoo
>>
>>54657795
just be aware, they have your name and number, and can hold a grudge. I asked on once what his mother thought of him being a con artist and he cursed me out and hung up, then several months later calls me early as fuck in the morining just to say fuck you and hang up
>>
>>54658326
Top kek, this sounds good. Hb XP?
>>
>>54658596
Top kek. You also have their number. Return the favor. After calling them nonstop for a while they'll sometimes have a supervisor or whatever call you back to make empty threats.
>>
>>54658364
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>54658403
I wanna do this with XP
>>
>>54658618
>>54658596
I would call them, you can get there number from those pop ups.

Probably through Skype, do you guys know of an application that could call for free?
>>
>>54658616
Everything they do works on XP, so it's not as confusing to them. If you give them ME, they'll run eventvwr.msc, find that it doesn't exist, run cmd.exe, again doesn't exist, etc. You get to watch them try to stay professional while flailing around in a system they don't know and that none of their script works right in.

However, a crapped up XP on a Pentium 2, 3 or 4 would be pretty painful for them to work with anyway. If you have a Pentium 4 and slow ass old HDD, put XP on that, use only 64 MB RAM (XP minimum iirc), and install plenty of crapware.
>>
>>54658681
Or I could allocate 1 core to the VM and low amounts of VRAM and video memory.

Can't wait haha
>>
>>54658991
Except it all falls to bits when they look in device manager and see
>i7 6700K single core (which will make the VM run way faster than it should)
>VMware IDE Controller
>VMware Hard Disk
>VMware SVGA II
>>
just use the lenny bot
>>
>>54658618
>You also have their number
most scammers use numbers they can readily dispose of.

OP, what are you even talking about? i've literally never gotten a call from some pajeet about windows. are you calling them for tech support or something? are you putting your phone number in pajeet sites?
>>
>>54659158
>most scammers use numbers they can readily dispose of.
I mean for the ones you get the number for from those squatter domains that display fake BSODs and such. They show a number for you to call, which leads directly to the scammer call center.
>>
>>54659120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzOMj2k3KZ8

one example here
>>
>>54657795

damn son, you are a faggot nigger
>>
>>54659158
When I still had a landline with DSL not too long ago, they'd leave messages while I was at work. I was disappointed I couldn't fuck with them. That happened maybe 12 times and they've never called my cell. Pity, could have been fun accessing from Kubuntu but insisting it was XP etc.
>>
>>54659216
Haha this is pretty neat. How could I set this up?
>>
File: MichaelBolton.png (2 MB, 1250x680) Image search: [Google]
MichaelBolton.png
2 MB, 1250x680
>>54657795

Jesus the amount of time you have on your hands just to waste the time of some indian

Reminds me of raging nigerian prince scammers

Anyway you don't have any business sense instead of focusing on the bigger picture you're trolling yourselves in inside memes

The key here is to setup a call center and work from home of pajeets to rage pajeets and inception them using one dollar donations for one hour calls

Therefore supporting the economy and serving the purpose

Time is way too valuable to con yourself for trivial stuff

Thats what you would call a win win (memed best practices of the sixth sigma black belt of the highest orders of seven habits)
>>
>>54661407
One hour ain't much anon.
>>
>"Oh, I don't actually have the Internet."
>"In fact, I don't even have a computer."
>"I don't even get power to my house, so there's no real need for it."
>"Wait, I don't even have a land-line."
>"How did you call me? What number did you use? I demand to know how the fuck you're talking to me right now!"
>"GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HEAD!"

Used something similar to this a couple of times now.
They seem to just apologize profusely. I'm sure they don't actually know what i'm saying, but it's still entertaining.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.