[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is fire the peak of our technology? Has anything else even come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: throwing fire anon.png (14 KB, 443x376) Image search: [Google]
throwing fire anon.png
14 KB, 443x376
Is fire the peak of our technology?

Has anything else even come close to utterly changing not just the human way of life but our ability to shape our surroundings with fire forged metals and control over the winter?
>>
>>54644835
>Has anything else even come close to utterly changing not just the human way of life but our ability to shape our surroundings
agriculture
language
writing
>>
>>54644835
>Has anything else even come close to utterly changing not just the human way of life but our ability to shape our surroundings with fire forged metals and control over the winter?
Printing press had a bigger impact.
>>
>>54644877
>made with forged metals
Unless they had some wooden screws lying around and shit.
>>
>>54644835
beer
>>
>>54644835
Electricity.

I think you had a brain fart, anon.
>>
>>54644877
>>54644867
no it didn't.
Fire let us cook food which meant we got better nutrition which lead to larger brains. The printing press doesn't even come close, but agriculture does
>>
three words: dragon dildos
>>
File: 1462069385544.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1462069385544.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
FIRE GOOD
>>
Apple iPhone

It changed everything
>>
>>54644835
>he doesn't know about sharp rock
>laughing_neanderthals.cavepainting
>>
>>54644835
yes, btw you should have included combustion engine, power plants, steam engine, gun powder etc. as typical fields where our control over the technology of burning stuff shaped our world and our way to live

>>54644867

Agriculture is almost useless without baking and cooking = requests fire
>>
>>54646610
electricity = burning coal
>>
You know what is the peak of technology?

I did a shit today and I wasn't sure about the smell. I can walk from my shitting area to a magic box on my table and describe the smell of my shit to it and thousands of pieces of information come back in an instant telling me what's wrong with me based on a vague description of the smell of my poo.
>>
>>54644835
the engine, by far one of the most importand, most changing invention. Just think about it.
>>
>>54648120
it's just a controlled fire in a container
>>
Entropy helped us a lot more than fire did.
>>
its because of the sun
>>
>>54648015
>typical fields where our control over the technology of burning stuff shaped our world and our way to live
it's also the thing that's most likely to do us in.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.