[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Router won't reach a room. Router is connect to a PC via
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 76857657.jpg (11 KB, 480x180) Image search: [Google]
76857657.jpg
11 KB, 480x180
Router won't reach a room.
Router is connect to a PC via Ethernet.
PC has an unused N.I.C

Is there a way to connect the N.I.C to my phone and give it Internet via the Ethernet?

I've bridged the connection but I don't really know what next to do.

Virtual Router is giving me issues.
>>
call geeksquad
>>
>>54644797

Get more wifi routers put them in repeater or wireless bridge mode...
>>
>>54644965
It's not a big enough deal to get another router to act as a repeater. There has to be some way to make the N.I.C give out the internet provided by the ethernet cord.
>>
In theory?

Connect phone to PC via USB to VLAN. Bridge VLAN with LAN.
>>
>>54645018
Thanks for the suggestion but that isn't practical. I may not know for sure something like that existed. But at the same time, surely it DOES exist.
>>
Just a buy a dedicated WiFi repeater for like $20-30. Heaps cheaper than buying a new router and bridging wirelessly, and won't drain bandwidth out of the Ethernet to the PC.

Though I'm sure you can get / configure a transmitter NIC as opposed to a reciever NIC, I've never seen it done in practice.
>>
>>54645358
Good point on draining out of the ethernet. Thanks for your help
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.