[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just cant use this any longer. It's getting slower by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: 18k4ybvrnm9byjpg.jpg (26 KB, 340x328) Image search: [Google]
18k4ybvrnm9byjpg.jpg
26 KB, 340x328
I just cant use this any longer. It's getting slower by the day. Recommend me a browser which is better with extension support (ublock, https everywhere, xchan)
>>
there isn't any
>>
>>54640062
vivaldi
>>
Pale Meme
>>
>>54640082
>vivaldi
frankly, I just tried vivaldi. Its great that it has all the extensions that can be imported from chrome. But how could I get my stylish extensions to work on vivaldi? I tried to paste firefox's css on it and it broke vivaldi
>>
SeaMonkey
>>
There's no better option. Just do a "refresh", then tinker around in about:config to disable as much shit as you can.
>>
>>54640310
This or Opera. They're both relatively better than FF at this point.
>>
>>54640062
I switched to Opera and so far it's performing better. Just got bored constantly refreshing FFs profile.
>>
>>54640062
Pale meme or Seamonkey.
>>
hows midori
>>
>>54640062
Chromium. I have always been a firefox fanboy but it is shit now. Move to Chromium. It's extension infrastructure is great.
>>
chrome or opera
as for extensions i dont use them.
>>
>2016
>not putting your profile and cache on a ramdisk
kek
>>
>>54640062
Wot? Waterfox here and its just as fast, if not faster than every other browser I've tried. You either don't know what you're doing/have 1000000 addons/plugins installed.
>>
>>54640062
I've seriously considered getting a Mac to use Safari. WebKit is one of the stablest browser cores out there, if not the most stable. Both Firefox and Chromium based browsers suck up huge amounts of memory or slow down to a crawl over time. Firefox needs to be constantly refreshed and reset because profiles inexplicably become corrupt over time. Safari is the only browser with sane behavior on mobile that runs well regardless of device specs, and the only browser that syncs and renders properly. It's such a damn shame, web browsers have become my greatest source of annoyance.
>>
>>54640062
on /k/ I heard a bunch of sjw cucks took over FF and spent time and effort rephrasing master/slave to original/replicant and uninstalled FF and installed vivaldi,
did I get ... pranked?
>>
>>54641905
>I've seriously considered getting a Mac to use Safari.

seriously, that rustled my jimmies.
>>
What are the essential Firefox extensions and plugins?

So far I have Adblock and Omnibar.
>>
>>54641811
>Waterfox
>"IT"S THE SAME THING HERP :^)
stupid shitheads like you make people stay on firefox.

at least try differentiating between cuckfox and waterballsack.
>>
>>54642031
No, that actually happened and it was possibly the biggest waste of money seen in "software development"
>>
>>54642031
>on /k/ I heard a bunch of crap and I impulsively acted accordingly

You're easily manipulable.
>>
>>54642031
>I uninstalled this program because of a change in vocabulary that has no effect on the actual running of the program and could have been done in vim in about a minute
>also, I didn't check to see if it was actually done, I just trust random people on 4chan that much.
Stupidest user of the month award.
>>
>>54642031
People were fucking with you, but they legitimately did spent $15,000 just removing the word "slave" from their codebase.
>>
>>54640062
Check out Firefox Developer Edition. I've been using it since long ago (it used to be called Aurora) and I haven't experienced any slowdown whatsoever.
>>
>>54642185
>>54642162
oh noes I deleted one of the 4 browsers on my computer its the end of the world!!! because the devs are now a pack of filthy sjw retards who waste time on stupid bullshit instead of developing their product, who also if you remember decided the CEO had to go because of his ideological preferences, just like how I refuse to use a software product originating from a pack of bigoted children.

:^)
>>
either chrome, chromium, or vivaldi. Mabye Opera too.
>>
>>54642228
>Maybe Opera too
Chropera's the best of your suggestions
>>
>>54642223

Alright. Now please go back to /k/, I'm sure they miss you.
>>
Chromium, it's objective better software.
>>
>>54642106
you sound so intelligent and knowledgeable. well let me sum it up for people like you, who ripped on me, for not elaborating, yet failed to elaborate yourself.

Waterfox is a 64 bit only variant/fork of Firefox that runs very efficiently, supports all the standard FF plugins, has no data collection, no adobe DRM, very customizable, and devoid of memory leaks that plague chrome under high load environments like streaming high quality video over a long period of time.
>>
>>54642305
Too bad less than 1% of browser users use anything besides Chrome and Firefuck. Otherwise people would actually use shit alternatives like Waterfox.

Get your head on straight, Chrome is the only real browser left.
>>
>>54642260
I don't think anyone misses an anonymous poster friend
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.