[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ChromeOS Officially getting Android apps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: untitled.png (186 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
186 KB, 2000x1000
This kills the Linux

>inb4 Crome OS is Linux
>inb4 Android is Linux
>>
>>54639546
>neat
>open chromebook to test it
>no option

nigga wtf
>>
Most apps still won't run on it.
>>
>tfw just switched my parents to Chromebooks

This is one of the few Google products I don't think needs to be smothered in the crib.

It's so nice to not have to deal with their shitty HP laptop from years ago.
>>
What stops Linux distros from just taking the Android compatibility-layer or however it works and adding it to their repos. Why would this kill the Linux?
>>
>>54639546
>what is archon
this isnt news
>>
OP can't inb4.
>>
>>54639850
Most apps run well with Arc Welder already.

Having Google Play Services integrated at the system level will help tremendously.
>>
>>54639546
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, Botnet/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Botnet plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Botnet system made useful by the Botnet corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by Google.

Many computer users run a modified version of the Botnet system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Botnet which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Botnet system, developed by the Botnet Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the Botnet operating system: the whole system is basically Botnet with Linux added, or Botnet/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of Botnet/Linux!
>>
>>54639611
nigga he said it's "getting" it. Not it's "got" it. Learn some muhfucking english
>>
Wow, now I can finally look at obnoxious ads in shitty mobile apps without having to even use my phone! Amazing!
>>
>>54640067
Bullshit
>>
>>54642136
Root your Chromebook and put AdAway and Xposed on it, kek
>>
>>54639546
How does this "Kill the Linux"? I think you mean "This kills GNU/Linux"

For what purpose would someone need to run android apps on a chromebook? Too play games? Most people play those on there phone anyway. Having it on a chromebook is a nice feature and all, but it's hardly going to make all the people who contribute to GNU/Linux stop.

ChromeOS is indeed based on the Linux Kernel. I'm not sure if it has the GNU coreutils or not, however. This feature will also not "kill" GNU/Linux's use in servers.

Android is also based on the Linux Kernel.
>>
>>54643975
customization
android = customization

chromeOS is fantastic, looks pretty, makes for a good shitposting OS

but you cant have desktop icons, customize the UI or do much more than change your wallpaper and chrome theme

it also does have the GNU utilities
>>
>>54644094
>customization

bwahaha
>>
You guys can literally just use Chrome or something like ArchON to get this functionality 1:1 on any Linux system, nothing is or has lost.

This should be seen as a huge boost to the software ecosystem for Linux-based operating systems, although most of it is probably shit except a select few games here and there.
>>
yay i can play botnet games while clicking ads on youtube
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.