[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HP Spectre 13
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Press+shot+cropped.jpg (870 KB, 2000x1089) Image search: [Google]
Press+shot+cropped.jpg
870 KB, 2000x1089
What does G think of the HP Spectre 13?

What I like so far
>No Apple
>Perfect resolution for size (1080p 13,3"), not 3200xwhatever bullshit which is just a pain in the ass with windows and in that size more of a disadvandage anyway (needs more power, improvements barely visible)
>Pretty fast for daily work
>Very long battery life (supposedly)
>Very silent (supposedly)
>3x USB3.1
>Great screen with gorilla glass
>minimalistic design
>1.1kg

What I don't like
>jewlry-kinda design (mainly the color)
>Only 8GB ram, no possibility to upgrade apparently
>I would be scared to break it
>price
>>
File: csm_MG_8047_1_0269d8dd9c.jpg (634 KB, 1803x1200) Image search: [Google]
csm_MG_8047_1_0269d8dd9c.jpg
634 KB, 1803x1200
inside
>>
File: pic6.jpg (469 KB, 1538x820) Image search: [Google]
pic6.jpg
469 KB, 1538x820
>>
File: pic11.jpg (361 KB, 1538x820) Image search: [Google]
pic11.jpg
361 KB, 1538x820
last bump
>>
>>54634653
I'm personally currently dissatisfied with this year's choice of hardware for HP's regular branded laptops.
They are subpar to say the least and even the models they advertise as "high end" for a large pricetag that have no premium features just alot of generic ones like 17" screens and generic GDDR3 GPU's with high power comsuption have made me wary of their pc's for this current year.
>>
>>54634668
Why all the wasted space at the top? They could have put more battery there. Or space for 2 more 2.5 drives. Anything really.
>>
>>54634653
As a long time user of HP, Fuck HP.

Their laptops are the absolute worse. I rather get a Dell XPS or some other nigger shit.
>>
>>54634946
Same here senpai.
>>
>>54634876
Good question. Especially considering the Laptop is just 11mm thick. My guess would be either there are some batteries which are not visible here (maybe they are on the cover that they removed) or they weren't able to produce batteries that fit there, like apple does with the maxbook airs.

>>54634946
Also long time user, but I'm pretty ok. Using an Elitebook 2570p since years and I'm very satisfied. The screen is just a shitty TN, but otherwise really well made laptop.
>>
>>54634653
>HP consumer shit
Shit build quality.
>>
>>54634946
>>54634965
>all laptops from the same manufacturer are the same
yeah, HP Pavillion laptops are the worst laptops ever made. HP Elitebooks though are some of the best laptops ever made

Only buy business line or high end consumer. Shit like XPS and now Spectre fall into the category of not garbage
>>
>>54634747
>hyperbaric cooling
what's that for, cpu decompression sickness?
>>
>>54635142
Even business elitebooks are pretty shit (at least the newer ones) compared to current ThinkPads. The keyboard is a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>54636814
>The keyboard is a fucking nightmare
No shit, I have maybe 10% of users at my facility complaining about keys not working, and when the dumb fucks that support us replace the keyboard they sometimes use broken ones to "fix" it.
>>
File: image.png (395 KB, 575x429) Image search: [Google]
image.png
395 KB, 575x429
> HP
>>
It's hawt, but I'm more in the need of a laptop with a bit more juice for gaming.

But if gaming wasn't a concern, then this, the Razer Blade Stealth and Dell XPS 13 would be my top three choices for ultrabooks.
>>
>>54634653
Well if you absolutely want a fashion-laptop, aka ultrabook, then yeah it's probably one of the better ones.
>>
>>54634653
>3x USB3.1
>type C
enjoy carrying adapters
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.