[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Helsinki works with startup training asylum seekers to ease coder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: 1429674007501.png (137 KB, 565x555) Image search: [Google]
1429674007501.png
137 KB, 565x555
The city of Helsinki has quietly launched a programme to teach 100 asylum seekers the art of software programming – or coding. The city is hoping that the pilot will kill two birds with one stone – by easing the shortage of coders in the software industry and providing a fast track for the newcomers to find work and integrate into Finnish society.

One of the initial participants in the Integrify training programme, Iraqi Eyastaha, traveled through ten countries to get to Finland. He recently found out that he’d received a job offer, although he’s been in the country for less than six months and doesn’t know the language.

He said that he intends to wholeheartedly throw himself into his budding career but already has his sights set on something bigger.

"Of course I want to focus on work as well as I can, but maybe in five years I can begin my own startup."

http://yle.fi/uutiset/helsinki_works_with_startup_training_asylum_seekers_to_ease_coder_crunch/8892294
>>
>>54633954

Fuck off we are full
>>
>politicians falling for the "We don't have enough developers meme"
We do have enough developers, we just don't have enough good ones. If you train someone for a year or less he probably won't become good
>>
> Asylum seekers who’ve been selected for Helsinki’s pilot training programme will learn the use of coding languages such as HTML and CSS – often used for building websites or applications.
>HTML and CSS
Wow, such high tier development
>>
>>54633998

Better have them working as code monkeys than sitting bored at home receiving welfare while shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>54633981
it's "we don't have enough developers that would work for peanuts"
>>
We already have vocational schools and polytechnics churning out shit-tier """"developers"""". Do we need more?

>>54634223
>Yle asked whether the pilot could lead to a situation where trained asylum seekers merely end up being low-wage workers in an otherwise well-paid field.
>"By no means is the intention to create some pool of low-wage coders, workers should get workers’ pay. Especially in this kind of work it is very easy to rate skills and what level of pay would be suitable for those skills," Rahman said.
Then again he's probably lying through his teeth.

>>54634205
You can't get a developer's job with just HTML and CSS. Sure, some refugees might get inspired and learn other languages and techniques on their own, but I wouldn't count on a high percentage of people doing that.
>>
>>54634261

One less person on welfare is one more person paying taxes.
>>
File: 1463081219354.jpg (63 KB, 622x800) Image search: [Google]
1463081219354.jpg
63 KB, 622x800
>go to Finland
>start doing some shit
>go to a IKEA-furnished prison
>end up learning HTML and CSS
What the fuck is going on in Scandinavia?
Everything seems backwards over there.
>>
>>54634305
You should immigrate here bruh. We can hang out and drink ES
>>
economic migrants taking advantage of the situation should be kicked out immediately.

even more so, aren't those retards aware that refugees are expected to return to their own countries as soon as there's no arm conflict?

>inb4 hurr hurr they will never leave

it was their plan all alone. drop wages to slave rates and destroy the job market.

have fun, kids.
>>
>>54634305
Finland isn't in Scandinavia though
>>
CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
Epik
>>
>studying CE in Finland
>didn't get summer job and neither did many other student I know because there are no jobs
Sure is nice seeing that we have good plans at integrating refugees here.
Meanwhile I will become yet another unemployed engineer in Finland, at least I'm not alone in that club.
>>
>>54634516
its a plan to make the IT industry wages lower.
>>
>another fucking gay shitty startup that produces nothing of value getting subsidized by our faggot government
I want the startup meme to end.
>>
>>54633954
Can we start shooting mudslimes and niggers already?
>>
>>54634516
Move out of Finland then.

Start sending your job applications to other countries.
>>
>>54634683
When muslims/refugees are king in our countries, those who bent over backwards to help them will be the first against the wall.

It's already happening with some leftists and LGBT crowd getting attacked even though they supported them openly and most still do for the sake of being ""progressive"".
>>
>>54634752
Luckily a lot of people are waking up, at least in Finland. It may be too late for places such as Germany, France and Sweden, but we still have hope.
>>
>>54634287
There are about Zero real jobs for these people.
>>
>>54634798
They'll get """jobs""" as instructors for all the future rapefugees who in turn will get """jobs""" as instructors for more future rapefugees. Rinse and repeat.
>>
In the Netherlands 65% of the asylum seekers who got accepted 15 years ago are still unemployed.
>>
>>54634823
I mostly meant the poor refugee war orphan child coders
>>
>>54634843
Netherlands is a shitty nogunz nanny state though
>>
>>54634305
Lel this, what's the best city to migrate at the moment and get cool stuff, I'm not Muslim but im brown
>>
>>54634973
Prandeep, I think you're better off staying in India.
>>
>>54634516 what this >>54634685 anon said, move to Latin America or Asia, if you are not a tool the locals will suck your dick just for being white and an European engineer is like a demigod when it comes to the industry, I'm pretty sure you could get lots of executive jobs without being necessarily related to engineery, or learn proper speak of English and travel abroad to teach it in russia China and Japan, seriously you whities have it so easy and complain so much
>>
>>54634993
Not enough clean loos to poo on em m8
>>
>>54635031
>le whites have it so easy memes

There is a war on white people currently.
>>
It's just a fucking experiment.

What do you think is going to happen, when they realize that that the 'refugees' are Pajeet level when programming.

The program is going to get canned and never talked about again.

End of story.

Sensationalist garbage.
>>
>>54635127
>/pol/ sperging
Though I actually believe is a shitty situation what is happening in the world and specially in Europe, in the particular case of the anon i was replying, seems like he had plenty of options of work to choose in comparison to a Latin American, Indian or African engineer (if such thing exist)
>>
>>54634417
Finland most definitely is Scandinavia.

Scandinavia is not just the Norwegian/Swedish peninsula.

Google it, nigger.
>>
>>54635169
Finland is cutting 500 million € in education and then they waste the money on retarded experiments with refugees.
I'm slightly annoyed.
>>
>>54635213
https://jeltsch.org/university_funding_cuts

Is this it? Seems like it was all a bunch of bullshit. I dont care about it enough to look in other links, but check the top of the article and the edited part.
>>
>>54634516
Which uni? Im studying CE as well in Finland
>>
>>54635213

More like suck every bit of easy tax money.

These monkeys are on the level of 12 year old children. They will never pay taxes.
>>
>>54634516
>>54635276
Finfag CS student reporting in. If you're in the Helsinki area, there are plenty of SE jobs. They're just not gigs for the summertime.
>>
>>54635824
>They're just not gigs for the summertime.
It seems to be impossible to get a programming related summer job anywhere
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.