[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arm Linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160519_231522_-2091996952.jpg (125 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160519_231522_-2091996952.jpg
125 KB, 600x600
Is there any way of installing something like Ubuntu mate on one of these?

10.1inch 10.1" Netbook VIA 8880 Dual Core PC Android 4.4.2 CPU 1.5GHz Wifi 1G RAM 8GB HDD HDMI (Russian Keybard option)
{}
(from AliExpress Android)
>>
>ARM
>dual-core ARM too
>1GB RAM
>8GB HDD
>on a laptop
Are you brain damaged?
>>
>>54633963
It's cheap, and something like Ubuntu mate should run fine for web browsing and note taking.
>>
>>54633963
>>54633969
Also specs are so shit I literally won't be able to do anything but study on it, so it's perfect for uni.
>>
Wouldn't xubuntu be better?
>>
>>54633969
>>54633980
Dude even $30 android phones have better specs than this hunk of shit.
>>
>via
Lmao
>>
>>54634005
*$25
>>
>>54634005
>phone
Found the problem with that idea.

>>54634002
Aren't Ubuntu mate and lubuntu the lightest? Idk.
I do like mate though, currently using it on Fedora and it's nice.

>>54634015
What?
>>
>>54634069
>>>54634005
>>phone
>Found the problem with that idea.
>>>54634002 (You)
>Aren't Ubuntu mate and lubuntu the lightest? Idk.
>I do like mate though, currently using it on Fedora and it's nice.
>>>54634015
>What?

I could be wrong, but I thought xubuntu was the lightest.
>>
>>54634141
I'll have to look into that, but my mate desktop on Fedora only uses 320MB ram on boot. If xubuntu is more efficient then that's really neat.

But can I install it on >>54633935?
>>
>>54634141
Lubuntu is lighter.
Linux Lite is also pretty darn cool.
>>
>>54633935
>Says VIA
>It's actually arm

Absolutely disgusting.
>>
While were on the topic of ubuntu installs, I downloaded ubuntu server because I like the command line interface. However this is the first time I'm installing directly to disk, as opposed to a virtual machine.

What concerns me is the installation doesn't show the usual "we detected windows, baleet it?" prompt, and I really want the install to go through on the 30 gigs of solid state drive I've partitioned for it, and not somehow fuck up the primary drive. I'm 90% sure it won't do that but the lack of normal dialogue has given me pause.

If I had to guess I would say the script automatically installs to the partitions named according to the legend in the install, /root/, or swap, and will simply ignore NTFS volumes?

Also why is the auto set trying to name my formatted drives as "logical" I thought they should be primary, or at least one of them should be?
>>
May as well be a fancy typewriter
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.