[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromiu m/issues/detail?id=60801
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: chrome.png (290 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
chrome.png
290 KB, 900x900
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=608016
What does /g/ think of this shit ?
>>
>>54633810
Who even uses backspace to go back lmao
>>
>keyboard navigation
kys tech illiterate scum fag sperglord
>>
>>54633840
Backspace is a big key you can't miss even without looking
>>
>>54633810
yea, Chrome is complete shit, their logo reminds me Pajeet
>>
I welcome this change. I fucking rage when I hit backspace and it goes back when I didn't want it to. They should have left a toggle to turn this on and off, though.
>>
File: 1459231076995.jpg (37 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1459231076995.jpg
37 KB, 680x453
Why not just have an option or flag to change the behavior?

Why do they always have to choose what they think is the best option for the users instead of just allowing them to choose something so simple?
>>
>>54634251
Cause they want their users to get dumb as fuck
>>
>>54634251
Because Chrome (and Chromium) is for normies and macfags who doesn't know anything about how web works - they don't want to configure anything, they simply not understand.
>>
werks for me™
>>
>>54634323
wait for 52
>>
>not using the side buttons on your mouse to go back and forward
>>
We already know chrome devs are fags.
>>
>people can't map backspace to alt+left when not in a text field
>instead of learning it themselves they will bitch and moan
>>
File: ngbbs4f0b4ec752ebe[1].jpg (11 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4f0b4ec752ebe[1].jpg
11 KB, 432x288
>>54633810
>We have UseCounters showing that 0.04% of page views navigate back via the backspace button and 0.005% of page views are after a form interaction. The latter are often cases where the user loses data. Years of user complaints have been enough that we think it's the right choice to change this given the degree of pain users feel by losing their data and because every platform has another keyboard combination that navigates back.
https://codereview.chromium.org/1854963002

plebs ruining it for the masterrace
>>
Just use the fluid gesture control of your Apple touchpad to navigate the web with ease
>>
>>54635279
>We have UseCounters
yep
botnet
>>
>>54635524
>is on /g/
>thinks collecting userdata is what defines a botnet

Kinda embarrassing.
>>
>>54635591
>A botnet is a number of Internet-connected computers communicating with other similar machines
check
>in which components located on networked computers
check
>communicate and coordinate their actions by command and control or by passing messages to one another
check

Chrome is literal botnet
>>
>>54634251
>Why not just have an option or flag to change the behavior?
Options are harmful from a maintainer perspective.
>>
>>54633810
>chromium
Into the trash.
>>
>>54635647
>communicate and coordinate their actions by command and control or by passing messages to one another
Example in chrome for that please
>>
>>54635845
>>54635279
>>
>>54636035
Are you retarded? Collection user information != botnet
>>
>>54636114
>Collection user information != botnet
It is you dumb fuck. It is being coordinated by google and sent to google servers, by definition is being a botnet.
>>
Dunno which browser to use these days. They all seem either Chrome clones or lacking on features
>>
>>54636144
Literally every definition of botnet disagrees with you. Sorry that /g/ or most likely /v/ fooled you into believing that botnet means information gathering. Botnets are used to coordinate attacks, like DDOS attacks or mail spam.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.