[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ i just bought pic related but i literally cannot tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Hey /g/ i just bought pic related but i literally cannot tell any difference from my previous 10eu sony mdr-210 pair
What do i do wrong?
Also, lets have a Headphones General
>>
>>54632745
i have the exact same except their like 6 years old and run through a old sony 7.1 amp

These headphones need a dedicated amp any headphone or mini amp will do running it off intergrated sound or a underpowered shit amp will make them sound horrible.
>>
You gotta burn them in, man. Or you, like, have golden ears. Lucky...
>>
>>54632745
1) You won't notice the difference immediately. Exclusively listen to the HD558 for some time (a couple of weeks), then come back to your old Sony. If you can't notice a difference even then, either the HD558 isn't as good as Sennshills paint it or your Sony is already very good.
2) in audio marketing an expensive product isn't always better than a cheap one. HD558 is veiled and stupidly warm, like many open-back Sennheiser headphones.
3) no need to start a new thread on headphones, since /hpg/ already exists.
>>
>>54632764
please suggest an amp

I'm just like OP and want my HD 558s to sound good
>>
>>54632745
I don't know about the 210, but I just got the exact same 598se's, coming from MDR 7506's, and you would have to be literally deaf not to hear a difference.

Not that either is "better" than the other, per se.
7506 is a God tier set of tracking cans, where the 598s are useless for tracking, but far better for mixing, and more enjoyable to listen to, casually, thanks to being open back.

Listen to some high quality music, especially some that takes advantage of the huge soundstage
>>
>>54634725
I heave the same headphones and I power them with a FiiO E10K USB DAC
>>
You don't need an amp for those headphones OP
>>
>>54635238
There is a very noticeable difference when I plug my 558's into an amp compared to straight into the PC. I'm not even an audiophile and I can tell the difference.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.