[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New PC.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 6543274.jpg (53 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
6543274.jpg
53 KB, 640x800
Hey guys. I am attempting build a new PC. Is this future proof to a moderate extent? I am upgrading from an AMD A10 5800k (from 2013) and 8 GB of ram, etc. etc. I am currently using the R9 listed.

I intend to use this PC as a gaming/streaming machine, and have never been a fan of overclocking. I admit, I am much better at actually building and using PCs than I am at understanding specs of components and all that.

Also, if that case suffices, it does have three fan ports. Front is intake (included), and it has an empty rear and top slot. I would use the rear as exhaust and top as intake I assume?

Here is the list of components.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CrKv8d

How much of an upgrade would this be from my current set up, if any?
>>
Are you sure you can't get better than am R9 380? Downgrade to a Z97 board and an i5 4690k and get ddr3 and you should be able to buy a 390. The difference in cpu and ram performance will be pretty small between the DDR4 + 6700 and DDR3 + 4690. The difference between an R9 380 and R9 390 is pretty big.
>>
I could upgrade at a later date (after my core PC is built).

I don't have a max budget really. I just don't want to spend a bunch on a core PC as we all know eventually you start paying big money for small differences. I figured an i7 6700 core was a healthy place to be, and I could get a new 144Hz monitor and whatnot as I go.

Is the list I provided a good start?
>>
>>54630889

Also keep in mind, I already own an R9 380.
>>
>spending that much on a locked cpu
>>
>>54630953
Sell it you fucking shitskin you are so fucking annoying already good fucking god just fuck off and ask reddit for a GTX 970
>>
>>54630920
You actually end up with pathetic performance trying to buy a budget PC. The first PC I ever built and owned in my entire life that I got at the start of this year has a 6700k and a Fury X + 16gigs DDR4 and 500gb ssd storage. I also have a 27 inch 4k freesync ips monitor because why not. Idk why you wouldn't buy the best shit if you have the money, personally I wouldn't take anything less than I have now and my entire system will last me until 6 cores become mainstream and I'll keep upgrading to a mew flagship GPU every two years. It's pretty comfy desu senpai.
>>
>>54630990
The 970 will be literally a sidegrade when the 10xx series is out, thank 3.5 and Nvidia for that.
>>
>>54630834
Even if you don't want to OC, I'd recommand a Z170 board.
If only for the reason that all other 1151 chipsets will cap DDR4 at 2133MHz, which is ass. There are also more ports supported and shit.
If you do want future-proof with upgrade paths, Z170 is the way to go.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.