[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Internet Connection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Red v blue.jpg (248 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Red v blue.jpg
248 KB, 1680x1050
Ok, need help from you computer savvy folks. I have a brother who plays Xbox 16 hours a day. I want to kick him off of Xbox live. I have been successful in doing so with MAC filtering, but this has proven obsolete when my brother decided to connect the Xbox One to the router via ethernet. The Xbox One acquired a new physical address after he connected via ethernet, which I added this new address to the blocked adresses on MAC filtering... but to no avail has it kicked him off. HELP
>>
>>54630185
just block the xbox live IPs at the router level
>>
Sorry if this is a dumb statement, but I don't know how to go about that.
>>
>>54630185
If you are truly concerned about your brother how about you actually help him. Invite him to partake in useful activities like going to the gym with you.

If you just want to piss him off you can block outgoing packages to the xbox live servers. Blocking MAC and stuff like that would be temporary as he can spoof those.
>>
Any advice on how to access these settings?
>>
>>54630223
this OP you're addressing the problem like a retard, don't cut him off the Xbox, start talking to him about philosophy and self improvement, start with Aristotle
>>
The answers I seek don't have anything to do with persuasion, save the psychology answers. I need technological answers.
>>
File: 1446734412965.jpg (84 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
1446734412965.jpg
84 KB, 610x610
>>54630293
>>
>>54630352
If it doesn't affect you why do you care.
>>
I like to learn stuff. Guess no one can teach though.
>>
>>54630577

Hey atleast you are getting a hang of reverse psychology
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=block+xbox+live+router

Not do fucking hard is it
>>
File: televangelist.jpg (10 KB, 244x183) Image search: [Google]
televangelist.jpg
10 KB, 244x183
Go to your router's settings website (usually the website on on your carrier's website), type in your account information, then boom. You now have access to his IP address which you can select to block or change the firewall. You could be sneaky and block ports specifically so that his Xbox connects to the Internet but isn't functional (so it isn't obviously something is strange) or just block his IP like was said before.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.