[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I barely remember anything from highschool math (and barely knew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: math1.jpg (2 MB, 3500x2500) Image search: [Google]
math1.jpg
2 MB, 3500x2500
I barely remember anything from highschool math (and barely knew any of it when I was in school). Are there any good book to learn algebra, trigonometry, or calculus?
>>
File: 1454661265127.jpg (125 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1454661265127.jpg
125 KB, 1102x967
It's too late for you senpai
>>
Didn't read through all of it, but Algebra Know-It-All seems to be really good for starting from the absolute beginning (how to count, bases, etc). They also have a book for Pre-Calculus (which would cover trigonometry) and Calculus.
>>
>>54627935
I just torrented a bunch of books on KAT
>>
I'm interested too, I'm tired of knowing nothing.
>>
>>54627935
>wants to learn high school maths
>looking for book recommendations
How about a textbook designed for high school maths?
>>
Any math book that emphasis that its "applied" or "technical" mathematics.

These will teach you HOW to use math, not how to derive proofs.

Honestly, in "street" life, all you need is trig and a basic understanding of how and why calculus works.
>>
Calculus for the practical man. Richard Feynman himself recommended it. The pdf is floating around I but could not find algebra for the practical man or trigonometry
>>
>>54628563
This. God damn OP.
>>
>>54627935
some books are definitely better than others.
it is good to ask this question and get advice.
try to pick a book with an available solutions manual.
>>
>>54628517
You will not be able to memorize any of it or work properly, because pirating is stealing - it's a sin.
>>
File: planned.jpg (41 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
planned.jpg
41 KB, 600x460
>>54631084
He's right you know, when you pirates a math book from the interwebs all the refrences to '∿' and '〜' become 'YARRR'

Only legit copies have the correct math symbols without the eyepatch bit set on them.
>>
khan academy
>>
Here

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Math_Textbook_Recommendations
>>
Algebra for dummies is very good
>>
Algebra and trig is also known has pre-calc. Pick up any pre-calc college course online if you need instruction. otherwise, any pre-calc college text would be good.
>>
File: mp.jpg (323 KB, 1012x520) Image search: [Google]
mp.jpg
323 KB, 1012x520
>>54627935

mathtutordvd.com is the best resource I've come across.

There's torrents for it online.
>>
I've been using khan academy. I recommend it OP.
>>
Download http://www.mathtutordvd.com/ from kickass as torrents. Helped me alot
>>
>>54631466
Khan Academy is good but if you're more about time management and going straight to the point books are always better - Khan is time consuming and you end up with same thing you end up from a book - except it takes much longer - main advantage I see - it's it being free while a book costs.
>>
>>54631538
If it helped you, maybe you should tell people to buy it - to support the author... not pirate it and fuck him.
>>
>>54631728
On KA you can go straight to the stuff you want. However, Khan does require mastery before it says you're good to go.
>>
>>54631759
Yes but that's like forward or behind my point - even if you pick w/e you want ( you can open w/e chapter in a book as well ) - it's slow process, time consuming so to speak and not always gives the best or most practical examples.

A book style is more academic, more professional - but again it costs money.
>>
File: International Space Station.jpg (525 KB, 1600x1061) Image search: [Google]
International Space Station.jpg
525 KB, 1600x1061
http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/
>>
>>54631775
torrents are free
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.