[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>read a few reviews >Heat and noise output results are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
>read a few reviews
>Heat and noise output results are all over the place, range from pretty fucking cool to housefire

What the fuck, the gap isn't usually this wide, did nvidia botch assembly control or something?
>>
>>>/v/ you insipid manchild
>>
>>54611792
Welcome to reference coolers

i havent seen or used one in the flesh since 2009 my GTX 285
>>
>>54611796

>didn't mention games even once
>get back to /v/

Is /v/ a graphics cards board now?
>>
>>54611792
everyone records sound and heat differently
it might be in a closed case from 30cm away or it might be in an open case with the sensor placed directly on the gpu
>>
>>54612260
The same fail like AMD did with their reference 290 /290x

fuck both companies
>>
>>54612260
Ditto. The only reference you can go by is measurements of other cards performed on the same system, comparing across various sites is generally not a good idea. The best you can do is note how close the test setup is to your own, and expect similar results, this is why all review sites usually have a page dedicated to detailing the test system setup.

Regardless of the specifics, the 1080 has a lot more power under the hood than the stock cooler can manage, and will throttle down to about 1750Mhz at full constant load, assuming you don't touch the default fan profile, which maxes out at 55% (which is quieter than the 980 Ti by 4db, so you can crank it up a bit for sure).
>>
>>54612260

Yes I'm aware of it, forgot to say even when compared to other cards. Closest I can think of is some use reference cards and others custom cooled, but the exact values still vary too much. If I'm not mistaken I saw already an almost 30°c difference between 1080's at full load. Granted, metodology is not the same, but still...
>>
>>54611796

Fuck off
>>
>>54612432
All the trustworthy review sites show 83°C (the default temperature limit).
The ones showing less have either not put any real load on the card or have manipulated the settings to let the fan spin at 100% all the time.
>>
>>54611792
Keep up the good fight guys, your company is proud to have fans like you.
>>
>>54611792
It runs cooler than current flagship cards and perform better.
>>
>>54611792
Some use delta temperature and some don't you autistic kid.

Let me sum it up for you:
>1080 25% faster than stock 980ti

Wanna know what's also faster?
>OC'd 980ti 15-20% faster than stock

Now go and buy it you goddamn shills
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.